mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can anyone please advise - tuition needed? :)"

Posted on: December 02, 2010 @ 03:36 PM
Rubylou
Total Posts:  5
Joined  12-02-2010

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and also new to my XF6 (had for 1 day).

Started reading through my manual etc.. and thought I could really do with hands on training for my XF6 as I learn much better if someone can show me how to do things instead of reading text.

I’m looking to use the instrument for song-writing, recording audio and converting this to cubase ai software for final cut editing. As I am new to the REAL world of keyboards, having just upgrade from a Yamaha PSR, I am looking to speak to someone or take a course that can teach me what it is all about.

Bristol based - can anyone help?

Rubylou :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2010 @ 07:19 PM
LYO
Total Posts:  172
Joined  07-08-2008
Rubylou - 02 December 2010 03:36 PM

I am looking to speak to someone or take a course that can teach me what it is all about.

Hi Rubylou,

Have you looked at any of the downloadable videos from Keyfax?
They were made for the XS but are quite helpful for the XF also. It will help you to familiarize yourself with navigating the board and the possibilities within ..

http://www.keyfax.com/index.php/world-of-motif-xs-download-only.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2010 @ 10:24 AM
geeash
Total Posts:  23
Joined  11-12-2010

Hi Rubylou

We both are in the same boat. i have also upgraded from PSR2000 and i have the same feeling too.

I went to local music mall and have purchased world of MOTIF XS and i find it very useful. though the video runs for 3 and half hours. Pretty nice. so do get yourself a copy

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2010 @ 04:45 PM
Rubylou
Total Posts:  5
Joined  12-02-2010

Hey peeps,

Sounds like these videos are a good idea in that case. Thanks for your advice, the manuals kinda highlight the capabilities, but to understand the capabilities thats another story :)

I will let you know how I get on.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2010 @ 08:13 PM
soulkeeyz
Total Posts:  6
Joined  12-06-2010

if your in the NYC area I can help you hands on. I know the motif line of keyboards very well.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sampling (creating and editing drum kits)
Next Topic:

Nord samples in Motif ››