mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern Songs into Song Mode for transfer to USB as .wav file"

Posted on: December 02, 2010 @ 05:21 AM
SuperM.A.N.
Total Posts:  106
Joined  09-04-2010

Ok you guys, I’ve scene different postings on this subject, but there just isn’t enough “simple” detail, or step-by-step instruction on “how to”.

Bad_Mister had replied to a thread with an awesome description of pattern mode vs. song mode:

“PATTERN mode is only one part of the sequencer - the USB Record function (which is a linear recorder function) requires that you have completed the composition. You recognize that in PATTERN mode you are still in a working state, you have not completely “automated” playback yet.

The paradigm is PATTERN > PATTERN CHAIN > SONG
In PATTERN mode you must still manually press buttons to create facilitate playback, PATTERN CHAIN is a linear struture and is the first step towards finalizing the composition (which is called “Song") A Song can play from top to bottom without any further interaction from you other than pressing PLAY initially. A SONG can have 16 Tracks plus a Tempo track and a full Scene track that recalls mix setting, play effects, track mutes, etc.

The USB Record feature is a linear record function and requires that you have a linear structure to record. It is for “finished” compositions. And because your PATTERN SECTION buttons do not work (remember you are in FILE mode - what USB RECORD/PLAYBACK is, is realtime writing and reading of a FILE. A .wav file. You are not in PATTERN Mode, per se, you are in FILE mode writing a FILE in real time!!!) You cannot change SECTIONS while writing a file - if you think about what you are actually doing it becomes clear. A file is for when you have a completed work.

Although you can from PATTERN CHAIN have a linear outline, there are still things that cannot be automated until you CONVERT that PATTERN CHAIN to a SONG location.”

Can someone help me out with some step-by-step instructions?

What I want to do is take my composition that I have created in Pattern Mode, and save it as a .wav file (for playback purposes on iTunes for example, or on a DAW), onto my USB Flash Drive. I understand that in order to transfer, my pattern mode composition has to be transferred to song mode via pattern chain(?), so I had recorded my composition (in pattern mode), in a way that if I were to transfer it to song mode, it can easily be transferred as a linear structure without having to press the “section” buttons. Which leads me to another question.

2) How will the Pattern Chain know when to que the next pattern if the “pattern mode” song is transferred to “Song Mode” for saving on to a USB drive? That is, in Pattern Mode, I’ve got 2-8 counts of the intro of the song on Section A button, then I’d go into the next 2-8 counts of a certain pattern on Section B button, and then into 2-8 counts of a different pattern on Section C button, and so forth.

How can I transfer that type of “complexity” on to a linear structure (Song Mode)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2010 @ 01:14 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

How will the Pattern Chain know when to que the next pattern if the “pattern mode” song is transferred to “Song Mode” for saving on to a USB drive? That is, in Pattern Mode, I’ve got 2-8 counts of the intro of the song on Section A button, then I’d go into the next 2-8 counts of a certain pattern on Section B button, and then into 2-8 counts of a different pattern on Section C button, and so forth.

How can I transfer that type of “complexity” on to a linear structure (Song Mode)?

What does “2-8 counts of the intro” mean? I don’t know what you mean when you say ‘counts’

The transfer to USB audio is simply. You have to have the music composition structured so that all you need to do is press PLAY. You can have no further interaction with the composition.

You set the FILE > [F4] AUDIO > [SF1] REC > Set the NAME > Select how you want recording to begin > press [ENTER]

From that point on you are only allowed to press PLAY on the sequencer or you can press the KEYS of the keyboard… but beyond that your composition should be fully automated by the sequencer (as much as possible).

[ Ignore ]