mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading a large sample into flash…"

Posted on: February 06, 2011 @ 12:40 AM
JCT
Total Posts:  91
Joined  07-04-2009

Okay so I have had the XF for a while...I owned 2 XS’s before.  I am just getting around to loading some purchased soundsets/samples.  The one I am doing now is a piano file (~500mb)...only voices (.xov).  I put it on the USB...go to file, select the “all voices”...direct the User to FL1 (I have both FL1 and FL2 with full 1GB each...formatted...empty currently).  When I hit load, and then confirm, about 3 seconds later it says “Sample Memory Full”.  However, I have never sampled (I even went into Integrated Sampling, Job, F3 and Deleted to make sure).

Now I suspect it is because the internal sample memory is 128mb, and this is a 500mb file.  HOWEVER, how the heck do I get around that?  It is only 1 file...not a bunch of smaller ones that make up the 500mb.

Any help is MOST appreciated.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2011 @ 01:31 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Your question is confusing. Are you loading to “USR” (next to the wors Load USR, there is a field, it can read either “USR”, “FL1” or “FL2") or are you loading to “FL1” or “FL2”?

It sounds like you are trying to load the samples to the User RAM (USR) and not either of the Flashboards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2011 @ 10:54 AM
JCT
Joined  07-04-2009

I guess I am not sure...and admittedly I was tired last night.

Basically the file is a .xov...on the XS, I put in the USB, went to file, chose the one in question, hit load, and it was done.

I assumed it was the same, but now I am not so sure since I keep getting that error…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2011 @ 11:15 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Here’s a way that you can know:

The file is a .X0V ALL VOICE file for a Motif XS. The XS files will always have the waveform/samples targeting USR (which is RAM). So whenever you are loading Motif XS data into a Motif XF you will need to re-direct data that originally was intended for USR RAM to where ever you want to the data.

For example, if you want to install the samples from this .X0V to your FLASH 1 board, then in the lower right side of the FILE screen you want to re-direct “USR > FL1”

Once the data has been installed on the FL1 board, you can verify it by going to [UTILITY] > [F6] FLASH
Select your FL1 board and look at the WAVEFORM list which should be populated and you can see and verify the Total Size and amount you have left on that board.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2011 @ 11:54 AM
JCT
Joined  07-04-2009

Yeah tried that too.  I even tried just doing 1 bank at a time...banks 2-4 work (though on this particular set they are initialized).  Once I do bank 1...it says sample memory full.  I just did a factory reset for grins, tried it again, no go.  I tried pointing USER to both FL1 and then FL2...still no go.  I am stumped.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2011 @ 12:11 PM
JCT
Joined  07-04-2009

Okay so now I went to power down and power up...neither of the flash boards are formatted!!!  This morning when I turned it back on, FL1 was not so I did it.  Then after I did the factory reset I powered down and back on, and then both were not!  I redid them, and now FL2 is failing to format!  I have only had the boards a couple months, but when I put them in they formattted aokay and until I started messing with loading the new sounds, they never had an issue with losing format..HELP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 06, 2011 @ 12:26 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

CHeck your installation. I mean the physical installation… to do so, please disconnect your Motif XF from the AC completely… unscrew the panel on the bottom and make sure your boards are properly installed with the thumb screws.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2011 @ 01:20 AM
JCT
Joined  07-04-2009

Update...after powering down, BOTH were showing unformatted!  Weird.  I powered down, took them both out, powered back up and did a factory reset.  Then I put them back in, did another factory reset, and reformatted both.  Then I turned off and on, and they retained memory.  I then tried loading...SUCCESS!!  So for some reason they did seem to have a bad connection, even though they had been installed for a month or so with no issues.  Gotta love electronics!  :)

Thanks to both for your help!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Controller Value Keeps Reseting To Default
Next Topic:

Keyboard split point ››