mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "loading a single voice in a user bank"

Posted on: November 27, 2010 @ 09:26 PM
mikeys
Total Posts:  51
Joined  10-14-2010

I’m new to the Motif and got stuck on trying to load a single voice in one of the user banks.  The voice is a .x0v file, and when I tried to load it to user bank #4, the whole bank was initialized - the voice did load, but I only wanted to overwrite the fist voice in the bank - not initialize the whole bank.  Obviously, I did something wrong.  I am trying to load in voices, one at a time, while I edit them, and then eventually save them on the flash.

I don’t want to wipe out every voice on user bank 4 every time I load one voice.  I just want to load the fist one on #1, the second one on #2, and so on - leaving the rest (everything after what I have loaded) intact.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2010 @ 10:24 PM
Rob D
Total Posts:  37
Joined  08-13-2008

Check out the lower part of this article.

Rdavis2

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_flash_memory_expansion_modules

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2010 @ 11:19 AM
mikeys
Joined  10-14-2010

Thank you, I’ll give it a try again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2010 @ 12:50 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’m new to the Motif and got stuck on trying to load a single voice in one of the user banks.  The voice is a .x0v file, and when I tried to load it to user bank #4, the whole bank was initialized - the voice did load, but I only wanted to overwrite the fist voice in the bank - not initialize the whole bank.  Obviously, I did something wrong.  I am trying to load in voices, one at a time, while I edit them, and then eventually save them on the flash.

I don’t want to wipe out every voice on user bank 4 every time I load one voice.  I just want to load the fist one on #1, the second one on #2, and so on - leaving the rest (everything after what I have loaded) intact.

Note: When attempting this we recommend that you begin with a blank SDRAM. This 128MB will be your working area - allowing you to load Voices that contain USER Waveforms and Samples - and letting you properly audition the VOICES.

In order to load just one VOICE you must select the LOAD TYPE = “VOICE”

Press [VOICE] to enter VOICE mode
Press [FILE]
Set the TYPE = ‘voice’
Using the RIGHT CURSOR arrow, move down and set the target location: BANK = USR 4: 001
Using the LEFT CURSOR arrow, move up to the DIR (Directory area)
Use the [INC/YES] or DATA WHEEL to highlight your .X0V file

When you press [ENTER] the file will ‘open’ and reveal a list of VOICES contained within the file. Use the [USER 1], [USER 2], [USER 3] and [USER DR] buttons to view those bank lists.
If the file is an .X0V file, which is an ALL VOICE file for a Motif XS, then [USER 4] list will appear empty (as the XS has no [USER] 4 bank

Use the Data Wheel or the [INC/YES]/[DEC/NO] buttons to navigate the list and select the VOICE you wish to load. Highlighting a VOICE on the list will cause [SF2] LOAD to appear.

In the lower right portion of the screen you will see the LOAD options (where you are going to send the Waveform and Sample data for this particular VOICE. You will need to pay attention to the “Load USR> ______” option.

Set “Load USR> USR
This will send the WAVEFORMS and SAMPLES of this particular VOICE to the 128 MB of SDRAM. You do this so you can play the VOICE, hear what it is and what it sounds like, then decide if you want to keep it and install its data to your FLASH>

Press [SF2] LOAD to load the individual VOICE, and send its Waveforms and Samples to your SDRAM.

Rinse and repeat.

Each VOICE will load whatever Waveforms and Samples are necessary to make it sound properly. You need not worry about the XF loading any duplicate Waveforms because, if the data is already in SDRAM, the XF’s file management system will simply point the ELEMENTS to the appropriate Waveform, automatically. This happens whenever the VOICE data is coming from the same file. You may notice a slight pause as make a request - the file management system is cataloging the data in the file and the VOICES that use each Waveform.

When you complete loading and auditioning the VOICES, you can decide whether VOICES are FLASH-worthy. What you want to do is the following:
Press [INTEGRATED SAMPLING]
You can view the SAMPLE SELECT screen and look at the WAVEFORMS, 001~128, that were loaded to create the VOICES. You will want to COPY these to FLASH. Doing so will automatically repoint the VOICE to the FLASH board on which you install the data. Again this is automatic.

Press [JOB]
Press [F3] OTHER
Select JOB 03: COPY TO FLASH MEMORY
Press [ENTER]

COPY each Waveform (one by one) to the FLASH board target of your choice.
I recommend that you check the DELETE ORIGINAL box. This refers to the data currently in SDRAM. Once you Copy the data to the FLASH board you no longer need (or want) it in your SDRAM.

This COPY TO FLASH MEMORY Job will install the Waveform and its Samples to your targeted FLASH board, and will repoint the parent VOICE that uses it to the FLASH board.

We recommend that you load all of the individual VOICES, prior to COPYING data to FLASH. By doing this, you will not wind up COPYING any duplicates to FLASH. (However, if you mess up and do copy duplicates to your FLASH board, the XF will help you find, identify and eliminate those duplicate Waveforms… Each Waveform is cataloged and if any Voice uses it that data will be shown.
Press [UTILITY] > [F6] FLASH > the “USED BY” parameter will tell you if a Waveform is used by any VOICE.

When a Waveform is used by a VOICE we call the VOICE the ‘parent’, a Waveform that is not used by any VOICE is called an ‘orphan’). You can DELETE any Waveform that is orphaned because it is not in use by any current VOICE or program.

When you have completed your transfers, you will want to make an ALL data file that includes all of your work.
Press [FILE]
Set TYPE = ALL
Set the SAVE options for your FLASH board to = “with sample”
Press [SF1] SAVE
Give the file a name and press [ENTER] to execute.

The SAVE options for FL1 and FL2 will determine what gets saved in this particular file. The SDRAM is always saved - that is why there is no SAVE option parameter for “USR” - and is also why we recommended that you use the “DELETE ORIGINAL” box when COPYING the data to FLASH. It is simply a matter of cleaning up - you only want to save the data that is necessary.

Your Waveforms and Samples have now been installed on the FLASH board, you have created a file that contains all the information you will need to make the VOICES work.

You can now load other libraries into memory whenever you wish or need. Anytime you want to use one of the individual VOICES from the data, you simply can load using LOAD options set so “FLx > NONE” _ there is no need to load the data that has already been installed to FLASH.

The VOICE parameter data will load in a second or two, and point to the Waveform and Samples that are installed on the Flash board.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2010 @ 08:43 PM
mikeys
Joined  10-14-2010

Thank you Bad Mister - I appreciate it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ For Dave P. - question about vintage keys XS
Next Topic:

XF File Tranfers To PC. ››