mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using arpeggio 6505 in a song doesn’t work?"

Posted on: December 01, 2010 @ 07:25 PM
sutur
Total Posts:  13
Joined  03-06-2008

In voice mode, I found a cool patch ‘PRE 6 D10 Cosmic Gate’ which has arpeggio 6505 on it.
I want to use that in a song, so I set the patch on track one and press ‘record’.
Then I set the right arpeggio to the track. However, it doesn’t play! No sound whatsoever.
No arpeggio in sub category Exprs or Filtr will play,
Z.Pad arpeggio’s do play, so I can get an arpeggio to play on a track in a song, only not the one I want.

I can’t figure out how this works… Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2010 @ 07:43 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

There is nothing wrong with these arpeggios or your Motif XF. They are Controller arpeggios. Not all arpeggios produce note-on events. Some are in the CNTR or Controller category. Instead of generating Note data they reproduce controller data… like cc011 expression or filter (cutoff/resonance), or Pan position data, modulation, pitch bend data, or even assignable 1 and 2 controller data, and even mute data.

In general when using this category type you would set the arpeggiator’s KEY MODE to DIRECT. If you select a ARP in the “CNTR” (CONTROLLER) category and you do not set the KEY MODE = direct, you will hear no sound as controllers make no sound at all… you can only hear their affect on a sound.

Moving the expression pedal up and down does not generate any sound you can hear… until you apply it to a synth sound. Make sense?

‘Direct’ means that what you play on the keyboard will be heard directly, the arpeggio data (which is simply controller movements) will then be applied to what you hear. For example, the VOICE you selected PRE 6:D10 Cosmic Gate is a perfect example of Controller data.

Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON EDIT]
Press [F2] ARP MAIN

KEY MODE = direct
This means the notes you press are heard directly and the Exprs or Expression cc011 is fast volume change - you can hear the sound ‘gate’ (come on and off) in response to very rapid change in cc011.

you can learn more about Arpeggiator KEY MODES here:
Arpeggio Key Modes

In order to place this VOICE in a PATTERN or SONG MIXING setup and have it copy the arpeggio settings here is what you should do:

Parameter With Voice - by setting this functin ON before you select the VOICE, when you do select the VOICE its arpeggio setup data will be copied as it is setup in VOICE mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2010 @ 10:53 AM
Tonneman
Total Posts:  4
Joined  03-07-2006

I very much appreciate this fast answer!

Thanks

[ Ignore ]