mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG 150-PF"

Posted on: November 13, 2007 @ 06:57 PM
Titortiz
Total Posts:  1
Joined  11-13-2007

I got the 150-PF board for my motif ES and is pretty similar to the acoustic pianos already in.  Do you think the new acoustic piano board from yamaha would do a better job?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2007 @ 04:09 AM
tmg1968
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-20-2004

Re: PLG 150-PF

The PF card pianos are more similar to the original “Powergrand” piano patch found on the Motif/S90 classic. The more recent (not really new anymore) AP card sounds closer to the “Full Grand” piano patch found on the ES/MO models, but beware, though the AP card sounds very good to me, it lacks decay time, very short looped.

-Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2007 @ 12:03 PM
jmrap
Total Posts:  23
Joined  10-24-2007

Re: PLG 150-PF

I have also got the Pf board for the 2nd time.( I previously sold it with my S80). Compared to the internal pianos’ on my ES , Yes it is fairly weak for studio work, but does pretty good gigging.I play mostly old rock, Motown and it works for that. However, it does have a fairly good Rhodes, CP70,Wurlie,Clavs,etc… while the AP PLG is dedicated solely to piano. IMHO better in the studio. Hope that helps. JMR

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How do I dump .sys soundbanks to PLG150-DX?
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››