mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Small problem when Recording"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: February 18, 2014 @ 10:14 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010
jerrydpi - 18 February 2014 09:50 PM

1) From the XF end, how do I make the REMOTE On/Off work?

Go to [UTILITY] > Control [F5] > Remote [SF1].
Select Logic as your DAW Type.
Press [STORE].

jerrydpi - 18 February 2014 09:50 PM

2) On Logic you go to Control Surfaces. When I go there I am offered (3) choices: Logic Remote/Logic Control/Mackie Control.

Which one do I choose and do I have to set up an output and input MIDI port?

You choose Mackie Control and set the Input and Output ports to Remote if you’re using FW and Port 2 if you’re using USB for your MIDI communication.

All this is clearly explained on Pages 61-63 of the XF Owner’s Manual. Also, how the Remote Control functions are assigned is explained on Pages 148-149 of the XF Data List for Logic.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2014 @ 10:21 PM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010
jerrydpi - 18 February 2014 10:08 PM

I got luck and made it work :)

Great that it worked for you by luck or chance but, imho, you’d save a lot of time and effort in the long run if you go through the manuals once (at least the Owner’s Manual which is quite small in size).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2014 @ 10:02 AM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

Woops!

I selected Logic Control last night and it seemed to be working fine.

Regardless, you are 101% correct about reading the Reference Manual and the Owners Manual but I truly love talking with all of you, as it feels like a family to me :)

As a side note, is there any way to have the Remote Button on/lit and be able to have the Performance shown on the Display (so I can press the different ARP Buttons?

Thanks!

Jerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2014 @ 10:41 AM
VikasSharma
Joined  10-05-2010
jerrydpi - 19 February 2014 10:02 AM

As a side note, is there any way to have the Remote Button on/lit and be able to have the Performance shown on the Display (so I can press the different ARP Buttons?

I don’t think so. But, if you’re in Voice mode or Song/Pattern mode, you can use the Motif XF Editor to trigger/control Arps from your computer while keeping the XF in Remote mode. Besides, the Editor can control almost all aspects of the (Voice/Mixing) Tone Generator.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Logic Pro X Problems
Next Topic:

Help on changing the Tempo of a recorded song ››