mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "studio manager, editor,VST editor what do all these things do??"

Posted on: December 31, 2011 @ 08:24 PM
yamawai
Total Posts:  72
Joined  06-09-2008

i am really kind of confused when it comes to the computer interface thing. i can sequence on the XS pretty well and have been for the past couple of years.

so i go out and buy an iMac and Logic studio 9 thinking that will enhance my ability to sweeten up my trax and make it easier to edit by putting info on the screen rather than just an event list on the XS screen.

then i run into issues with compatibility with OS X lion which i think are resolved since i found on yamahaproaudio.com the studio manager 2.3.4 that says it is compatible with OS X.

i guess my real question is-----do i need the editor V1.2.1 or is studio manager V2.3.4 enough?

i am using USB MIDI to interface with the iMac and have downloaded and verified that the driver works. V1.2.1 for the MIDI driver.

any thoughts out there??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2012 @ 12:28 AM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010

See the following thread:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/457762/

You need Motif XS Editor v1.3.0. The Studio Manager v2.3.4 is the host application for the Editor.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2012 @ 06:30 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

The studio manager 2.3.4 ‘s compatibility is irrelevant as to the Yamaha-Steinberg USB MIDI driver. However, the Yamaha-Steinberg USB MIDI driver is compatible with Lion. Any issues you are experiencing is related to either improper installation, improper setup or an insufficient grasp of the XS or Logic…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ HELP ! Fight on USB between Logic and MOX !
Next Topic:

Motif XS & Logic problems ››