mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Setting up the mox as a tone generator in logic?"

Posted on: July 13, 2011 @ 10:35 PM
Kloud
Total Posts:  7
Joined  07-08-2011

I finally figured out how to use my mox as a tone generator in logic, But how do you make it remember patches for each track? For example, I want a drumkit on track 1 in logic, a synth on track 2, strings on track 3, etc. But the mox just plays all the midi from each track with the voice/patch that’s currently selected.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2011 @ 01:29 AM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004
Kloud - 13 July 2011 10:35 PM

I finally figured out how to use my mox as a tone generator in logic, But how do you make it remember patches for each track?

Not sure which ‘it’ you are referring to. But, in general- your options are:

1) Locate a Logic Environment for the MOX and save it in Logic as a template. And, open iteach time you start a new project in order to select and recall voices…

2) Create your own Logic environment for the MOX and do the same as #1.

3) Manually select the voices in the MOX and save as a song. Open the song each time you are working within Logic…

4) Use the MOX Studio Manager / Editor- by far the simplest, and most effective method. Save each editor file under the song name and open each time you work with that song in Logic. Once the Editor is in sync with the computuer it automatically updates any changes you make in terms of either editing voices, selecting different voices or creating new voices.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 14, 2011 @ 06:17 PM
Kloud
Total Posts:  7
Joined  07-08-2011
motif8mine - 14 July 2011 01:29 AM
Kloud - 13 July 2011 10:35 PM

I finally figured out how to use my mox as a tone generator in logic, But how do you make it remember patches for each track?

Not sure which ‘it’ you are referring to. But, in general- your options are:

1) Locate a Logic Environment for the MOX and save it in Logic as a template. And, open iteach time you start a new project in order to select and recall voices…

2) Create your own Logic environment for the MOX and do the same as #1.

3) Manually select the voices in the MOX and save as a song. Open the song each time you are working within Logic…

4) Use the MOX Studio Manager / Editor- by far the simplest, and most effective method. Save each editor file under the song name and open each time you work with that song in Logic. Once the Editor is in sync with the computuer it automatically updates any changes you make in terms of either editing voices, selecting different voices or creating new voices.

thanks. but how do you create an environment for the mox? i havnt spent much time doing things in the environment menu, im pretty new to advanced midi like this. Also, i downloaded the mox editor, but i can figure out how to open it. it wont open on its own, and it doesnt show up as a plugin in logic.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 16, 2011 @ 01:45 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

Kloud, you need to follow the directions that come with the MOX editor / studio manager. They’re pretty easy to follow. Also, the MOX editor does not function as a plug-in within Logic: open it alongside it…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Logic8/9 and Motif XF HELP
Next Topic:

recording levels via FW16E ››