mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Piano Library Opinions"

Posted on: February 04, 2011 @ 08:36 PM
Gsharp9
Total Posts:  3
Joined  02-04-2011

I am getting my new XF7 delivered tomorrow, and I’m already shopping for a great library of acoustic piano sounds.  The demos of the libraries available through this site are fairly impressive, but I was wondering if I could get some opinions from users who’ve actually purchased and used any of them(or any others, for that matter)

Thanks,

Noel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2011 @ 01:27 AM
JCT
Total Posts:  91
Joined  07-04-2009

I was just in this boat.  I owned 2 XS before, and was not overly happy with the stock pianos.  Back then I bought the Steinway L sample… I did like parts of it, but oddly it sounded “noisy and hollow”.  It was almost as if the mics used to sample were at a distance from the piano… I have been checking and decided to check with a guru… For my style he suggested the “Rock Piano” Library (I believe it was Sonic Reality).  I just loaded it this weekend and I am impressed.  VERY good detail, very punchy...drives the sound.  If you are a classical type player, this is not the one...but if you are in a band and want a realistic piano sound that can cut through...give it a try…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2011 @ 03:19 AM
GospelMusicians
Total Posts:  336
Joined  08-26-2010

I can vouch for the K-Sounds piano 1. Sounds much different than the stock, but of course I have an ES. IMHO, the XF acoustic pianos are awesome from what I heard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 08, 2011 @ 04:25 AM
bengertje
Total Posts:  155
Joined  09-15-2009

For classical music or romantic piano the Signature Piano from Ksounds is really the best. Much better as Ksounds 1 & 2 and DSF Steinway L.

[ Ignore ]