mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "VOICE mode Drum Arpeggio pattern note edit/delete [sample Edit]"

Posted on: February 04, 2011 @ 04:36 PM
Malinda
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-04-2011

Hi, i have a problem with editing arpeggios. can any one help me with this??
how to delete samples in VOICE mode drum arpeggios?

what i want to do is, i need to delete just the kick sample from drum arpeggio pattern which in VOICE mode. is there any possibility to do that? i tried reading the manual. but i cudnt find anything related to that.

please be kind enough to respond.

Thanx so much!

Malinda

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 05, 2011 @ 09:16 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

First, let us correct the question. This will help you better understand your Motif XF. The word “sample” is used to describe a digital recording made by the user - via a microphone or via a direct input to the A/D INPUT jack on the back panel of the XF. When you say “delete a sample” this would mean you want to remove from memory the audio sample from RAM.

What we think you want to do is prevent the Bass Drum from being heard in an arpeggio pattern. While the way you word it could mean the same thing, It simply happens to also mean an entirely different operation on the Motif XF.

Here what you must do (to prevent a particular drum from sounding in an arpeggio pattern):
1) First determine what drum key contains the sound you want to eliminate
2) Using the PART’s “NOTE LIMIT” parameter you can setup a range of notes that will be eliminated

For example, let’s say the KEY containing the Bass Drum is Note C1. Each KEY on the Motif XF is assigned a name - for example, middle “C” on a Yamaha keyboard is C3, the C below middle C is C2 and the C two octaves below middle C is C1

By editing the Drum Kit PART you can prevent note C1 from sounding
Press [PATTERN]
Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press the numbered button containing the DRUM KIT PART [1]-[16]
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [F1] VOICE
On this screen you will find the NOTE LIMIT parameter. Normally this is set to the full range of MIDI Notes C-2 ~ G8

What this means is the LOW NOTE LIMIT is C-2, and the HIGH NOTE LIMIT is G8

What you want to setup is the following:
LOW NOTE LIMIT = C#1
HIGH NOTE LIMIT = B1

Note Limit = C#1 ~ B1

By setting the Low Note Limit higher than the High Note Limit you actually eliminate notes in between (C1) from sounding in response to the arpeggio (or to your own key presses.

(Now I should warn you that the Bass drum is not always note C1, some other notes contain Bass Drums often B1 and/or A1 contain bass drum sounds.)

What we have done above is eliminate the Bass Drum on note C1 from sounding in response to the arpeggio pattern… We have not deleted anything, we certainly have not deleted the sample. All we have done is prevent that drum Key from sounding in response to note-on events - be they from the arpeggio pattern or from the keyboard being pressed.

Welcome to the forums! Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Flash Memory Question
Next Topic:

Piano Library Opinions ››