mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF With Locig Pro False Notes Triggered at Playhead"

Posted on: September 16, 2011 @ 12:58 PM
lpiano
Total Posts:  11
Joined  04-16-2006

Logic 9.1.5, MBP 2GHZ i7, Onyx 1220i as audio interface, Yamaha Motif XF8 song mode (multi) Local off, MIDI set to USB
Logic project uses Motif sounds plus ES2, ESX25.

Here’s the problem:
When a MIDI or Software Inst. track is in record ready, clicking top of arrange window (bar/beat) causes random note-on with no no-off, which has to be ‘cleared” by switching tracks or resetting the Motif. This only happens if you play the keyboard when Logic is stopped, and then click somewhere on the top of arrange window, OR, if you start recording, it will trigger a “false note” that gets recorded, too.

There are no other programs running, no other controllers, no other external sound sources. I haven’t had time to try a different MIDI controller. I have the latest Yamaha USB midi driver installed. Sorry if this has been addressed in prev. posting, could not find it in searches.
thanks!
-Larry

PS-Setting up the exact scenario with S70XS in place of XF8 yields no triggering of notes from Logic’s playhead.
Also, if you turn off transmit MIDI sync in Logic Prefs/Settings, the problem goes away. This of course prevents you from using Arps or tempo based effects. I’ve seen a video of a gent that was having the same problems, but I didn’t see a solution.
thanks in advance for anyone’s help!
-Larry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 20, 2011 @ 05:11 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

I am wary of touching this subject since it was introduced in a thread by someone who does not own a legal copy of Logic…

sigh…

that said, the troubleshooting for this is as follows:

1) Check your port settings within Logic - specifically the Library- to ensure you are using the proper XF port…
2) Check Logic’s project settings as it relates to MIDI sync- are they set to the correct port?
3) Check your environment: have you created anything in the environment that may be causing the issue. Did you download one that may be doing the same?

4) Does it happen in new projects, old rojects or, all projects?
5) Are you making any conflicting setting in the Motif? Trying to use arps, for instance, requires different settings than just recording MIDI…

Finally, review this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2375

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2011 @ 02:50 PM
lpiano
Joined  04-16-2006
motif8mine - 20 September 2011 05:11 PM

I am wary of touching this subject since it was introduced in a thread by someone who does not own a legal copy of Logic…

sigh…

I own a legal copy of Logic, however I referenced the guy because it was the same exact problem.

that said, the troubleshooting for this is as follows:

1) Check your port settings within Logic - specifically the Library- to ensure you are using the proper XF port…

Using Port 1 on the XF in Logic environment (One 16ch multi instrument), no other MIDI devices

2) Check Logic’s project settings as it relates to MIDI sync- are they set to the correct port?

What is the correct port to send sync to?

3) Check your environment: have you created anything in the environment that may be causing the issue. Did you download one that may be doing the same?

No other MIDI inst. in the environment, default GM instrument deleted.

4) Does it happen in new projects, old rojects or, all projects?
Is seems to happen after a few MIDI tracks have been recorded. So, if you opened up a new project, it would not happen right away. (??)

5) Are you making any conflicting setting in the Motif? Trying to use arps, for instance, requires different settings than just recording MIDI…

No, just using a song/mixing with 16 voices, no arps.(The XF is the controller keyboard with local off) The only reason I wanted to send sync to the XF was to use a tempo based delay. As soon as you turn off send sync from Logic the problem goes away.

Finally, review this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2375

Thanks, I’ve tried everything on that support page, except for reinstalling Logic. I will post if I get the problem sorted out. I can’t be the only person out there that uses an XF and Logic.

Thanks and Best Regards,

-Larry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 26, 2011 @ 03:57 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

This has nothing to do with the” XF and Logic”. You have not responded to the five things I noted above or even acknowledged that you tried them. Without knowing that you’ve tried these steps and exactly what the settings are. I really can’t be of any assistance…

Also, all physcal connections would be helpful- (i.e., what cables are going where)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 29, 2011 @ 03:40 PM
lpiano
Joined  04-16-2006

Sorry,
I put my reply’s after each question in the quote part of the reply, and tried to be specific.
USB to Motif/ Macbook Pro
Firewire 800 to external drive then to Onyx 820i as audio interface for Logic
Output to mixer.
Logic sending midi sync to Motif XF Port 1
Local Off
MIDI+USB
MIDI Sync=MIDI
in Song Mode to use 16 voices on 16 MIDI channels.

thanks,
-Larry

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Help with driver section needed
Next Topic:

I Hear The Keyboard Sound ››