mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help with driver section needed"

Posted on: September 14, 2011 @ 12:07 PM
HelloSkyy
Total Posts:  32
Joined  08-29-2011

i was wondering if anybody would be able to help me with this

i have my macbook pro hooked via FW to my xs8.. my xs is then hooked to a powered keyboard amplifier.

when i have the motif in pattern mode or song mode, it plays fine.

when i load logic and put the motif in remote mode, the keys trigger the sound within logic, but playback only comes thru my macbook’s built in speakers, not the amp..

im wondering how do i get the audio playback from logic to play through the amp hooked to the motif..

i was told in an earlier forum that i have to learn to change the driver as the settings inside of logic is what determines where audio is played back to

all my drivers and os are up to date.. any input is greatly appreciated, Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2011 @ 05:29 PM
zymondee
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-02-2011

I think I have exactly the same problem and have also everything up to date. 1.7 driver and latest firmware (1.60) in the XS-8.  I noticed that in this version (1.60) of XS-8 there is not possible to chane IEEE1394 driver to FW. It is fixed at mLan. Some guide said it should be in FW.
But…
I will try now to use the mac_fw_v160 instead of mac_fw_v170 since the v170 is only if your mac uses 64 bit kernel. And… my macmini is not using 64 bit kernel. (I found that info under the apple - about this computer/more info and then select the word software in the left list. The 3rd line from below tells you if it is 64 bit or not. (Yes/No)

I will come back and tell if works!

.... 20 minutes later… unfortunately it is the same with version mac_fw_v160.
Very annoying!

/Simon D

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2011 @ 06:14 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004
HelloSkyy - 14 September 2011 12:07 PM

i was wondering if anybody would be able to help me with this

Helloskyy,
Sounds like your ports are not set up properly. Review the following and check back…

Image Attachments
Screen shot 2011-09-14 at 5.10.38 PM.pngScreen shot 2011-09-14 at 5.10.54 PM.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 14, 2011 @ 06:23 PM
motif8mine
Total Posts:  1743
Joined  10-22-2004

One other thing, go to Logic Pro>Preferences>Audio >Devices>Core Audio the YSFW should be chosen as you input output device…

[ Ignore ]