mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Loading Regenerator for PLG-150AN w/ existing autoload"

Posted on: September 04, 2010 @ 10:42 PM
aellison62
Total Posts:  41
Joined  03-23-2009

Need some help trying to get the Regenerator voice library working with my existing ES autoload!!

I purchased and AN board, installed it, and then purchased the Regenerator voice library. I currently use an autoload consisting of a mixture of voice library voices and samples I’ve put together over the past year.

My problem is integrating the regenerator library with my existng autoload. If I load the Regenerator PLUG IN BULK 1 and then the user voice set into my ES (after loading my normal autoload) it overwrites my autoload.

Is there a way (without AN editor) to get the regenerator sound set loaded into the user bank of the PLG150-AN and still keep my autoload intact? Or do I need to use the AN expert editor ??

Thanks for any ideas/options!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 02:41 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

The PLG boards have different and thus separate AUTOLOADs.
Can you more specific about the overlap?

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 08:42 AM
aellison62
Joined  03-23-2009

JOOP,

The Regenerator seems to overwrite whats in my USER 1 and USER 2 banks (non-PLG).For instance, I have a few piano voices loaded from Ksounds piano 1 in my autoload. After I load Regenerator, they are gone and it looks like factory settings are back.

Are there different ways to load Regenerator?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 11:18 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Did you read page 2 of the Regenerator manual?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 05, 2010 @ 06:30 PM
aellison62
Joined  03-23-2009

The part where it talks about the Bulk file and the two ALL files? Yes, read that. I assume the PLG board has it’s own user locations and doesn’t use the ES’s two user banks.

So, when I load one of the ALL files from Regenerator, it loads voices in locations other than the PLG user files. That’s the problem. I just want to populate the PLG’s user locations (64 of them I understand)

The manual states that after I have loaded the BULK MASTER FILE I can pick and choose what Regenerator voice to put in each PLG user voice location I wish. Can this be done without expert editor?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 07, 2010 @ 03:20 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I assume the PLG board has it’s own user locations and doesn’t use the ES’s two user banks.

Correct. Each PLG150 board has its own PLG_USR bank.

If for example, you have the PLG150 AN board in slot 1, it will be identifed as “PLG1USR” It has 64 locations in it

The manual states that after I have loaded the BULK MASTER FILE I can pick and choose what Regenerator voice to put in each PLG user voice location I wish.

The BULK MASTER FILE which I assume is a (.W2B/.W3B) file will load 128 Board VOICES - these become like source waves for you to create PLG USER VOICES from. The data is loaded to a “RAM” bank on the PLG board itself.

The PLG150-AN has the following banks
036/000 = 128 preset1 Board Voices
036/001 = 128 preset2 Board Voices
036/002 = 128 user RAM Board Voices

These three banks are called “Board Voice” banks

A Plug-in User Voice (PLG_USR) is a Voice that integrates the Plug-in Board Voice data (which you bulked in) with the host product (Motif ES) parameters. PLUG-IN VOICES utilize data of the Board Voice.
Where normally the Motif ES Voices point to internal preset or user sample waveforms as the oscillator wave, these PLG_USR Voices point the parameters to the PLG board for the source oscillator tone.

So instead of USER Samples, the Regenerator bank is going to be referencing USER “AN” data.

So the BULK file loads the work that Dave Polich (the author of Regenerator) did into the PLG Boards User RAM bank (036/002). He created these Board Voices using the AN Expert Editor. They get bulked into bank 036/002 and then the PLG_USR Voice data actually point to them as the sound source (oscillator wave). (And much like User samples the data in 036/002 is volatile… it is RAM so they disappear when you power down).

Once the BULK data is loaded into memory of the PLG150 board, you can (without the Editor) LOAD any single VOICE as long as you target the slot containing the appropriate PLG150 Board.

For example, if your PLG150-AN is in slot 1, you must point it toward the one of the 64 PLG1USR Voice locations. If your PLG150AN is in slot 2 you must point the individual VOICE toward the PLG2USR Voice bank, and so on.

To load an individual VOICE from an ALL data (.W7A) or ALL VOICE file (.W7V)
Press [FILE]
Set TYPE = “VOICE”
Highlight the ALL or ALL VOICE file
Pres ENTER] to view the data within that file
Use the front panel Bank buttons to view the data that you wish to use [PLG1] for slot 1, [PLG2] for slot 2, [PLG3] for slot… Depending on which bank the FILE has the data.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 08, 2010 @ 04:35 PM
aellison62
Joined  03-23-2009

Once the BULK data is loaded into memory of the PLG150 board, you can (without the Editor) LOAD any single VOICE as long as you target the slot containing the appropriate PLG150 Board.

For example, if your PLG150-AN is in slot 1, you must point it toward the one of the 64 PLG1USR Voice locations. If your PLG150AN is in slot 2 you must point the individual VOICE toward the PLG2USR Voice bank, and so on.

To load an individual VOICE from an ALL data (.W7A) or ALL VOICE file (.W7V)
Press [FILE]
Set TYPE = “VOICE”
Highlight the ALL or ALL VOICE file
Pres ENTER] to view the data within that file
Use the front panel Bank buttons to view the data that you wish to use [PLG1] for slot 1, [PLG2] for slot 2, [PLG3] for slot… Depending on which bank the FILE has the data.

Hope that helps.

This is what I was really needing to hear..... I was looking into the ALL VOICE file from the USB, pressing ENTER to view the data, but NOT telling it to view the data from PLG1 !!

Thanks Bad Mister, I will try this tonight.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 09, 2010 @ 09:34 AM
aellison62
Joined  03-23-2009

OK, that worked just fine. I’ve got my favorite 64 voices loaded from Regenerator into PLGUSR1. I then saved an ALL file to my AUTOLOAD.

Only question is, do I still have to load PLG BULK MASTER file for the Regenerator FIRST before loading my autoload? OR can I load it afterwards? Or do I need to load it at all now?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 12, 2010 @ 06:20 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Oh, you will need to reload the BULK data each time. The RAM bank of the PLG150 board is volatile - when power is lost, the data in that bank reverts to “placeholder” sounds.

You should create a second autoload file - one that will automatically load the REGENERATOR bulk data to your PLG150-AN.

As long as it is in the same directory as your ALL data file AUTOLOAD, the keyboard will load them both on power up!

An autoload for a PLG150-series board can be created as follows:
On your computer make a copy of the bulk file

Rename the copy AUTOLD1.W2B/AUTOLD1.W3B if the PLG150-AN is in slot 1
Rename the copy AUTOLD2.W2B/AUTOLD2.W3B if the PLG150-AN is in slot 2
Rename the copy AUTOLD3.W2B/AUTOLD3.W3B if the PLG150-AN is in slot 3

This is described in the Owner’s Manual on page 135:

Image Attachments
AutoLoad.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ WTB: two PLG150’s
Next Topic: