mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using Control sliders in Performance mode"

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 03:18 PM
OKIE6GUN
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-23-2009

I recently bought an MO8 and edited my 1st performance (mode) last night. Just a simple 4 voices layered and all works great except: Three of the control sliders wont control volume UNTIL I push them completely up, then back down. One control slider works correctly from the start. I’m new to this & have a lot to learn but this has me stuck,… can someone help?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 03:58 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

The behavior you describe is as expected. (See this post from the archives.) The fact that one of the control sliders works immediately probably has to do with that controller being set coincident to the volume for that channel stored in the selected performance.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 24, 2009 @ 06:01 PM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

Yes. It takes some getting used to this, but if you think about it there really isn’t any other way they could have programmed this. The user can and will leave the sliders in any random pattern on exiting a patch and the computer needs a way to ‘re -zero’ them before allowing changes to the parameters of the new patch.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2009 @ 04:31 PM
OKIE6GUN
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-23-2009

Thanks for the help gentlemen, It does make some sense now! -Okie6gun

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Playing lIve in pattern mode
Next Topic:

Simultaneous Arpeggiators on Mo ››