mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Simultaneous Arpeggiators on Mo"

Posted on: April 26, 2009 @ 12:29 AM
joe_lee_sy
Total Posts:  12
Joined  03-16-2009

My understanding is that u cant run more than 1 arppegiator simultaneously on Mo or Es like u do on xs...i tried turning the arp on multiple instruments in perf mode but they all sound like they r hitting the same notes

If thats the case, can u really create auto accomp type custom arps with 4 elements?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 26, 2009 @ 01:50 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Correct, there is only one arpeggiator in the MO and the Motif ES. That is all there is. The XS has four separate arpeggiators so you can have four PARTS following arpeggios simultaneously

The MO is not (nor does it try to be) an auto accompaniment keyboard - neither does the XS, for that matter. The arpeggios although similar to what is called “auto accompaniment” is optimized for those writing their own music.

On the MO you can have one arpeggio, it can be assigned to multiple parts but there is only 1 arpeggiator pattern selectable at a time.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2009 @ 09:59 AM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

how do some of the “out of the box” performances offer an arp for one part, and percussion that does not seem to match the arp?

that’s a good thing, I’m just wondering how that works

is it because the drum is playing a phrase?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 27, 2009 @ 11:42 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

You can record the midi output of an arp part to a sequencer like Cubase or to the onboard sequencer which would allow you to add multiple arps.

Hard to use live I would think unless you play to a sequence.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2009 @ 05:45 PM
joe_lee_sy
Total Posts:  12
Joined  03-16-2009

so you can’t achieve the ‘auto-accompaniment’-like function (drum and bass lines with different arps and changes live with chord changes) on MO at all?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2009 @ 03:24 PM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

no, you can’t

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using Control sliders in Performance mode
Next Topic:

What’s a Good Bag or Case For MO8 ››