mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Master Mode Zone question"

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 12:22 PM
Kevin May
Total Posts:  15
Joined  01-11-2009

Can you assign different instruments to each Zone in Master mode.
or is it for midi parameter changes only

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 02:43 PM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

I have not really used master mode, but it seems like instead of “assigning different instruments to each zone” you could open a performance in Master mode and set the zones to equal the part splits of the performance?

or whatever you want the zones to be

so basically let the performance determine your instruments and their part splits, and let the master zones control midi

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 02:58 PM
Kevin May
Joined  01-11-2009

jmaths - you are right I may try that now that I can set up the octaves right.

I have found master mode to be quite useful on stage as I use songs, voices and performances all at the drop of a hat. it lets me get to everything with one button

Thanks agaian for your help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 03:22 PM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

sure… welcome to the forum

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 04:49 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

In general, when in MASTER mode you are associated with either a Voice (in which case you can only play 1 Voice from 1 ZONE of the MASTER), a Performance (in which case you can only play 1 Performance from 1 ZONE of the MASTER) or a SONG MIXING/PATTERN MIXING program (in which case you can play a different Voice from each of the four Zones of the MASTER).

The rules of the associated mode will apply. This is because a ZONE transmits on a MIDI channel. That is, in VOICE since you can only play one Voice at a time because you address VOICE mode on a single MIDI channel. In PERFORMANCE since you address all the PARTS of the Performance on the same MIDI channel, you can only play 1 PERFORMANCE.

But in MIXING (SONG or PATTERN) since multiple Voices can be placed on different MIDI channels - each ZONE can be assigned to play a different PART> Make sense?

for more on understanding Master mode please visit the SUPPORT area and download the PDF article: Understanding MO Master mode

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 10, 2009 @ 06:25 PM
Kevin May
Joined  01-11-2009

Bad_Mister Wrote:

>“But in MIXING (SONG or PATTERN) since multiple Voices can be placed on different MIDI channels - each ZONE can be assigned to play a different PART> Make sense?”<

When you say “ each zone can be assigned to play a different part” do you mean one of the first four channels of your song mix that are assigned to the sliders?  I was following you until that point.

Thank you, I have always gotten much information from your posts.

I LOVE the MO8!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 11, 2009 @ 03:03 AM
kr=d+=+
Total Posts:  125
Joined  03-20-2009

is there all so a possibility that using song/pattern in master mode you can ‘live’(not in edit mode) put on/off zones… using the mute buttons? It looks to me to be an evident possibility but don’t find a way to do this.
To be clear. I don’t want the song to be played. I just want to use the motif in multimode playing the keys.
It would be great if it could be possible muting and layering sounds/zones this way.
I use a motif XS8

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MO8 Splits Question
Next Topic:

Creating performances on the MO8 ››