mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MO8 Splits Question"

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 12:12 PM
Kevin May
Total Posts:  15
Joined  01-11-2009

When making splits in performance mode on my MO8, can you transpose octave of individual voices. I am aware of the utility mode for adjusting the entire board but I just want to do individual voices. I have tried to transpose the voices befor I put them into performance mode but I can’t find that either. I need to transpose Vintage C up 2 octaves so it is under my left hand playing C4 at C2. Can this be done? it seems like to make splits useable you should be able to adjust the octave.

Thank you in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 02:28 PM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

there is a way that I have done this, although I do not know if it is the best way

start with pg 63 of the MO6/8 manual, follow instructions to enter part edit mode

then go to TONE [F4], Tune [SF1], and adjust NoteShift up or down depending on what you want to do (reference pg 176)

to send a part up 2 octaves you want to go +24 (the limit)

I think!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2009 @ 02:54 PM
Kevin May
Total Posts:  15
Joined  01-11-2009

Perfect! Thank you so much, I had looked at that section all morning....sometimes it takes a fresh set of eyes…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 09, 2009 @ 09:53 AM
dcool
Total Posts:  426
Joined  11-01-2006

Keep in mind, when you transpose voice in PERFORMANCE MODE...some megevoice won’t sound right.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2009 @ 06:10 PM
mrcastle
Total Posts:  5
Joined  04-16-2009

Hi - I am new to my mo6 and am trying to figure out how to get a voice to always come up in the same octave.  If I go to utilities it changes the octave, but it’s for all voices. There happens to be a couple of voices that just don’t sound right in a low octave and I have to manually hit the octave button.  Can this be done in voice mode ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2009 @ 06:50 PM
Machuson
Total Posts:  168
Joined  07-09-2008

I have not done this, but this is only way I see from just looking at the manual right now… I thought there would be a Common edit setting for this, but it looks like you have to do this for each element (however many there are in the voice you are editing)

This is straight from the manual pages 158-159

[VOICE] âžž Normal Voice selection âžž [EDIT] âžž Element selection

[F2] PITCH
[SF1] TUNE From this display you can set various pitch-related parameters for the selected Element.
Coarse Determines the pitch of each Element in semitones.
Settings: -48 – 0 – +48

An octave should be +/- 12 semitones I believe

When you have done this be sure to store the settings. See page 60 for instructions if you need them.

You know, I must say that the PDF version of the manual is very handy. It is set up so that you can click on any page references and it take you straight there. You can perform searches as well. I find it much faster to use than the real thing and I would recommend downloading it for such use.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2009 @ 11:29 PM
Freslanta
Total Posts:  42
Joined  10-31-2008
jmaths - 08 April 2009 02:28 PM

there is a way that I have done this, although I do not know if it is the best way

start with pg 63 of the MO6/8 manual, follow instructions to enter part edit mode

then go to TONE [F4], Tune [SF1], and adjust NoteShift up or down depending on what you want to do (reference pg 176)

to send a part up 2 octaves you want to go +24 (the limit)

I think!

I’m having trouble here. When I go to the performance, then hit edit, F4 is NOT “tone” it is “CTLASN”.
I’m looking at pages 174 to 176 in the manual.
How do you enter “part edit mode”? I can’t seem to get there.
Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 08, 2009 @ 11:44 PM
salzburg
Total Posts:  17
Joined  07-10-2008

You will have to press any of the first 4 track buttons placed on your right.
Lets get this straight. When you press the EDIT button, you will enter the COMMON mode. That’s why you have CTL ASN instead of TONE. You will need to press one of the track buttons labeled as ELEMENT/PERF. PART/ZONE. By the time you press any of those buttons, you will enter the ELEMENT mode. You will now be able to transpose any of the 4 elements available.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 09, 2009 @ 01:10 AM
Freslanta
Total Posts:  42
Joined  10-31-2008

All Right! Got it!
Thanx much!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ mo6 voice for living on a prayer
Next Topic:

Master Mode Zone question ››