mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif envelope times in seconds"

Posted on: March 25, 2009 @ 11:17 PM
kurzweilfreak
Total Posts:  12
Joined  03-25-2009

Hiya. Does anyone know a conversion formula for converting the Motif’s envelope times into real seconds? Obviously 0 = 0 seconds, but what does 127 = ? Knowing that it would probably be pretty trivial to figure out any times in between.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2009 @ 07:09 PM
Cowzar of Cunka
Total Posts:  344
Joined  10-10-2003

Try this. (Excel spreadsheet)
I did it a few years back programming across the Mo series.

Cheers
Brian

CUNKA - Motif -

File Attachments
Motif_series_speeds.xls  (File Size: 51KB - Downloads: 618)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2009 @ 10:30 PM
kurzweilfreak
Total Posts:  12
Joined  03-25-2009

Thanks Brian. Shoulda known I’d find you lurking around here. ;)

How’d you come up with these charts, just curious? And do they hold for each of the different envelope segments? Doing my own experimenting it seemed like different segments had different rates of speed for some reason.

Brett G.
aka. Togakure

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 26, 2009 @ 11:42 PM
Cowzar of Cunka
Total Posts:  344
Joined  10-10-2003
kurzweilfreak - 26 March 2009 10:30 PM

How’d you come up with these charts, just curious? And do they hold for each of the different envelope segments? Doing my own experimenting it seemed like different segments had different rates of speed for some reason.

Brett G.
aka. Togakure

Uhhh, didn’t expect to see you over here in “Camp Yamaha” Brett. :-)

To work out the times I used the NOISE element and basically set the AEG up to play the first segment , recorded the result. The sample will play and stop… set up start, set up end - time is end pointer. Just ran it while i used settings 10,20,30,40 etc..

Using NOISE allows you to get a brick wall of sound that starts and ends sharply.

LFO’s were done in a similar way. I think i used a SQUARE WAVE from memory. Turn whatever your applying the LFO off - so if its the filter...make the filter setting 0, and use the maximum LFO setting.

freq = hertz
time = in seconds.
frequency=1/time

Then do the same as the AEG segments.

I don’t think I tested the other segment speeds out.

Hope that gets you started.

Cheers
Brian

CUNKA - Motif -

[ Ignore ]