mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to switch XS faders to control buses in Sonar"

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 11:33 PM
bsmart
Total Posts:  225
Joined  01-12-2005

I’m using the XS DAW remote function in Sonar mode. I’m unable to locate where to switch the faders in to a mode where they, and the knobs, affect the project’s buses instead of the tracks. Will someone please tell me how to make this switch?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2009 @ 11:49 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] CONTROL
Press [SF1] REMOTE
Select DAW TYPE = SONAR
Press [STORE] to write this as your preferred Remote Template.

In Sonar setup the MIDI communication for Control Surface = Port 2
You did not mention what you are using as your MIDI interface (Yamaha USB-MIDI or mLAN/IEEE1394) either way, REMOTE CONTROL functions are reserved on PORT 2.

Now when you press the REMOTE ON/OFF button (L.E.D. ON) your Motif XS front panel is set to remotely control Sonar according to the parameters outline in the Motif XS Data List 2 booklet page 58…

DATA LIST 2 page 58

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2009 @ 12:17 AM
bsmart
Total Posts:  225
Joined  01-12-2005

Sorry, should have been more clear.

I already have the Motif set to be a control surface for Sonar: Mackie control plug in Sonar using the right MIDI ports, XS set for Sonar in Utility/DAW, etc. Everything works fine: transport, mute/solo/arm functions, track level/pan, etc, so I think the setup is correct.

I just don’t understand the XS reference enough to figure out the way to switch the faders from controlling tracks to controlling buses.

Most of the fader and knob assignments that I’ve discover happen on the Assignment page of the XS’s remote mode. However, there isn’t a function/sub-function tab on the display for taking control of the buses. There is SF2 for controlling track sends, but these switch the faders to controlling the sends of the current track, not the level of the buses.

On the Un-do/Re-do page, of all places, the SF1/SF2/SF3 keys are labeled track/aux/main, but SF2 (aux) doesn’t switch the faders to control aux buses, as I thought.

This is why I’m confused.

[ Ignore ]