mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "programchanges in pattern/songmode"

Posted on: January 23, 2009 @ 11:54 AM
willvandervliet
Total Posts:  13
Joined  12-25-2007

When i’m in patternmode and use in the mixingmenu the voice (F2) mode ,were i can change the banks and voices, i cannot send program changes to a slave(second) synth.

The recievechannel of the slave is also 1

For example ,i go to Pattern,,use the mixngmode,select track 1(midichannel 1)choise VOICE-F2-(here is were i can change the banks and voicenumbers)Change the voicenumber and expect the slave will follow the MO.

I can play the keyboard on the MO6,hear the sound of the slave, but nothing change when i change the voicenumber.

What am i doing wrong.

Excuse for my bad english.

Will

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2009 @ 09:26 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: programchanges in pattern/songmode

The MIXING screen [F2] VOICE is where you select Banks and Voice numbers for the MO. The Mixer is for the internal MO tone engine.

If you want to send a Bank Select and Program Change for an external device you should do the following:

Put the Bank Select and Program Change for the external device in the TRACK data. From PATTERN mode
Press [EDIT] to see the EVENT LIST
Here you can select INSERT > and select PROGRAM CHANGE

If you do not want the internal sound to play on a specific channel you can set the internal PART’s MIDI Receive Channel = OFF
Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press the Track Select button [1]-[16] for the PART you want to turn OFF
Press [F1] VOICE
Press [SF2] MODE
Set the RCV CH = OFF

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2009 @ 06:27 AM
willvandervliet
Total Posts:  13
Joined  12-25-2007

Re: programchanges in pattern/songmode

I understood, but that means there is no easy way in the mo to make a mix between internal and external sounds.

I cannot change the voice of an external device with a knob of the MO, if have to do it at the device himself.

I mean ; before i have make a record in the sequenser.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using my MO8 as MIDI device in Ableton Live/Reason
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››