mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pads?"

Posted on: January 21, 2009 @ 07:45 PM
darkstar_outcast
Total Posts:  250
Joined  02-20-2008

Hello,

Is there anyone who can recommend way to create silk,fine pad,like those from spectrasonic atmosphere?

What things should I pay attention to?

I have motif xs.

thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2009 @ 07:48 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Re: Pads?

Check out the demos for the DCP library “Air” in the motif mart’s “Voice Libraries” section. It is a dedicated “pad” library.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2009 @ 10:47 PM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

You can also check magical pads from Easy Sounds available also on Motifmart.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 04:07 PM
darkstar_outcast
Joined  02-20-2008

please,read again…

I don’t want to buy any,I want to learn how to create them myself..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 22, 2009 @ 07:16 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

The best way to start learning to create your own pads is to begin with one of the existing pad sounds in the Motif, any one that is “closer” to the kind of pad you want. Experiment by changing waveforms in the elements, adjusting filter cutoff and delays and reverb effects.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2009 @ 05:05 AM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Pads have a lot of different uses. One problem I have with so many of the available pad sounds is excessive motion and/or ‘thickness’ that produces a muddy sound if too many notes are allowed to build. I often use pads behind an EP or piano voice, and find that FM8, a software synth, works the best for me because you can easily adjust the polyphony of the voice you are using. If you use the preset 8 operator poly, most pads decay away perfectly behind a keyboard passage when sustain is being used. I wish we could adjust the poly on Motif.

When you talk about programming pads, take a look at Silverlake. This is a 4 element voice on Motif ES that I use a lot as well. The motion is on element 4, while other features of the voice can be found on the other elements. Element 1 is a simple sound that works great behind keyboard passages and is all you need in a lot of situations.

The use of multiple elements and assigning the physical controllers to different voice altering functions is a key to developing Pad style voices. Silverlake is again a great example. The are so many unique pad sounds contained within that one voice. All it takes is the use of the physical controllers to get the most out of them.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 25, 2009 @ 04:56 PM
darkstar_outcast
Joined  02-20-2008

well,for now biggest problem I have is that pads themself have a big attack time,and they need time to develop,and this is not kind that I need in particular song...but when I shorten their attack,they become boring…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sounds / Drums Kits
Next Topic:

Motifator.com changes: How will they affect you? ››