mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MO8 To SX3"

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 03:28 AM
raykeyz
Total Posts:  32
Joined  11-06-2008

im really havin hard time figurin it out so here i am again…
i have:

Yamaha MO8
Cubase SX3
Windows XP SP2
Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz
4 Gb Ram
Yamaha MW8 cx
Yamaha USB Asio

My connections:

Yamaha MO8 to PC via Usb Cable
Yamaha MO8 to Yamaha MW8cx via Audio cable (L+R)
MW8cx to PC via Usb Cable
MW8cx audio out goes to HS50 monitor speakers

Question is:
is it poossible to use audio mixdown for a midi track and use the sound of MO8? if possible how?

and anyone who could help me to have a detailed step by step on how to make my MO8 an external instrument so i can use it as a external VST.

thanks so much of your time guys, ill be waitin! this is the last place i can find help for my problem sorry for bothering you and thanks in advance!

bad mister if you are readin this iloveyou man!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 05:06 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

Re: MO8 To SX3

Two ways.

Record the mo. Once you have an audio file then you do an audio mixdown.

The other way is to set up the mo as an external instrument. When you do that then an audio mixdown is done in real time.
Cubase actually turns the mo into a audio file and then does an audio mixdown like it does with VSTi’s. Need audio to do audio mixdown.
It has the advantage that if your track is not ready to be turned into an audio file (still might do some changes) you can do an audio mixdown without going through manually changing from midi to audio.

You set that up in VSTconnections. Just add an external instrument, name it and point to the audio ports where your mo comes in. That port won’t be available if it’s used elsewhere in your project so you have to delete any other instances like if you have it setup as an input bus.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 21, 2009 @ 05:48 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: MO8 To SX3

That’s correct!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI Device Manager
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››