mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Old board, need new sounds"

Posted on: January 18, 2009 @ 04:16 PM
stab
Total Posts:  57
Joined  04-07-2007

I have the original motif that I’ve owned for about 7 years now.  I still have the original soundset and I’m wondering what it would take to get a completely new soundset on this board to breathe some new life into my playing and ideas.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2009 @ 07:04 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Re: Old board, need new sounds

Check out the various sound libraries available for your Motif at the motif mart on this website.

Access the motif mart by clicking on the button marked MOTIFMART
at the top of this page. Then on the next page, click on VOICE LIBRARIES (on the left). You can then scroll through the list (and it’s a long one) to
view which libraries are available for the Motif Classic (that’s what
your Motif is now referred to as). When you see a library of interest,
click on its icon to view more details and hear demos.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2009 @ 11:50 PM
stab
Total Posts:  57
Joined  04-07-2007

are there any free options and are there any options to completely replace all sounds or just certain sound banks?

are there other places to find sounds other than motif mart that anyone can recommend as well?

thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 05:39 AM
tmg1968
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-20-2004

There used to be free soundbanks on this site that included the S80/CS6x user banks among others, but it appears as if they have been removed. There are also “free” sounds within this thread. If you go to the very top where it says “sound share spot” you will find many free voices that users of this forum have programmed on their particular instruments. One caveat though is since you own a Motif classic, you will only be able to download sounds that were made by other Motif classic users. Kind of limiting i know but, what do you want for nothing? Your other option is to do what Dave Polich recommended and go buy some new banks from Motif Mart. There are some really nice soundbanks that i can personally vouch for.

-Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 07:38 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

You cannot replace the preset sounds in the Motif. The only sounds
you can replace are the voices in the Voice user bank, and the Performances.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 08:05 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

There used to be free soundbanks on this site that included the S80/CS6x user banks among others, but it appears as if they have been removed.

Actually, these voices are still available for download at this link . /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Hypnotic Stepz
Next Topic:

Motifator.com changes: How will they affect you? ››