mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sync Mo6 arpegio with Cubase"

Posted on: January 17, 2009 @ 07:49 PM
moogy
Total Posts:  11
Joined  01-17-2009

Hi.I bought a second hand mo6 few weeks ago and for now i ‘m usig it as a multitimbral unit(studio manager) with cubase sx3.For now my Q, is: Is it pssible to sync Cubase with the Mo arpegiator and how? Thank’s.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2009 @ 07:45 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

Re: Sync Mo6 arpegio with Cubase

The main thing is they are in sync. I usually sync the mo to cubase. So on the transport menu in cubase is sync setup.
Make sure your sending midi clock out to where the mo is.
Then on the mo in utilities under-midi -sync then midi sync.
Select midi.
If your not hooked up to the computer a voice won’t sound if the arp is on with this setting because it’s waiting for the clock that never starts.

If you want to start cubase from the mo look into remote control pg113 of the manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2009 @ 04:15 PM
moogy
Joined  01-17-2009

Hi Tacman7 & thank’s for ur response but i realized that i did’nt asked the right question for what i want to achieve with this ‘’arpegio thing’’ sorry....I’ll try again.....
Let’s say i layed down few tracks in cubase and i’d like to add an arpegio from the mo6 in my cubase song so it’ll play along with my song. I think i would have to extrack that arpegio(midi file??) from the Mo ?? There’s something i don’t get here ;(
I hope my Q. is little clearer for what i wanna achieve,(if it’s possible??)

Yesterday i read in this forum a tutorial about what i’m asking now but the tutorial was achieved on a different Mo model but somwhere they were different screens to follow so i got lost ;(
Thank’s for ur help.
Jean.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 18, 2009 @ 04:50 PM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

Look at pg 206 in the manual. This allows you to tell the mo to output arpeggiated midi notes and on what channel.

The way I do it is this:

Create a whole note chord pattern in cubase outputing to the mo on ch1. Create a new midi track and set it to ch 5 (for example). Have the mo as its source and nothing as its output.

Set the mo to send arp out to ch 5.

Record the new track, the notes played sent from the other channel will trigger the arp and it will output to ch5 and you’ll have the arp recorded and you can use it in your project.

This allows you to use unlimited arps.

You should have utiltiy/midi/switch/ local control off when you work in cubase.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 03:33 AM
raykeyz
Total Posts:  32
Joined  11-06-2008

there is an article worth readin called the phrase factory tips i think this would answer the question.
it is under MO6/8 category even it is written for ES is works the same on the MO

the link is just below check it out

[url=http://files2.keyfax.com/ESPDFs/PHRASE_FACTORY_Cubase.pdf]http://files2.keyfax.com/ESPDFs/PHRASE_FACTORY_Cubase.pdf [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 19, 2009 @ 03:52 PM
moogy
Joined  01-17-2009

Hi guys.First i’d like to thank you for ur time and ur info.
Tacman7… I’ll go back to the book & I’m gonna read...;)
I’ll let u know about my progress.
I really appreciate /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=
btw; The more i dig that machine the more I’m impress with it.
Really inspiring ‘’toy’’!
Thank’s. Jean.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Best voice bank for orchestrations in a metal band
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››