mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "B’s Knees Question"

Posted on: January 07, 2009 @ 11:00 AM
julkeys
Total Posts:  24
Joined  01-07-2009

I’ve been looking for some good hammond sounds for my Motif 7 and ran across B’s Kness, which I’m thinking of purchasing.  I have a few questions if someone can help:

1.  Once downloaded to my PC how to I load these on the Motif 7.  My guess is that I have to save them to my Smartcard and then load them from there?

2.  Is there a way to listen to each new patch before loading to my keyboard.  I would like to pick and choose which ones to permanently save?

3.  Once I’ve decided on a patch to save permanentaly can this be saved permanently to the Motif or does it have to be loaded each time?  If it can be saved I’m assuming it would take the place of a voice which already exists?

Thanks
Julie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2009 @ 11:47 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: B’s Knees Question

Julie,

You can load the B’s Knees voices from a SmartMedia card inserted in your Motif or (if you have a functional MIDI or USB connection between you computer and Motif) you can use the Motif Voice Editor to audition and load these voices into the Motif. See the following post for information on the second approach:[list] Using the Voice Editor to Create Custom User Banks [/list:u]Let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Brad Weber /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2009 @ 05:37 AM
julkeys
Joined  01-07-2009

Thanks Brad, the voice editor sounds like the way to go.  I don’t have it, can it be downloaded or purchased?

If I go the first way, would I transfer the files to the smartcard using the File Utility on my PC and then load and listen to each voice one at a time until I find one I like\??

Julie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2009 @ 11:57 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Julie,

The Motif Voice Editor is available for download at the Motif Series Download page at yamahasynth.com . Make sure that you download the voice editor for the Motif as this page also includes software for the Motif Rack, Motif ES and Motif Rack ES.

If you decide not to use the Voice Editor, you can use the file utility to transfer the B’s Knees ALL VOICE or ALL files (be sure to copy both the *.w2v and *.w3v or *.w2a and *.w3a files to the SmartMedia). The file utility is rather slow for transferring data to a SmartMedia card installed in the Motif, so I would suggest you use a SMC reader/writer connected directly to you PC to copy the files onto the SMC and then insert that into the Motif.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2009 @ 12:06 PM
julkeys
Joined  01-07-2009

Thanks Brad.  I’ll try your suggestions.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Vintage Keys
Next Topic:

Sampling from CD ››