mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Error Message when saving"

Posted on: January 04, 2009 @ 12:45 AM
djcoold
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-04-2009

Hello everyone I am new to this forum. Well, I am having problems saving any data to my usb flash drive. I own a MO 6 and have been trying to save a pattern that I created but keep getting usb device not ready message on the screen. The flash drive is a 2 GB PNY Attache model. I tried reformatting the drive but no luck there. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with the MO. If there is a current flash drive that is known to function well with the MO please let me know. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2009 @ 08:08 AM
kevinb
Total Posts:  340
Joined  05-07-2003

Re: Error Message when saving

Some flash drive manufacturers install “U3” software on their drives and this might be the problem. The U3 utility is stored in it’s own partition (sometimes “hidden") on the flash and launches little applications on PC’s but messes things up on the MO (mine locked up completely when I attached a U3 flash drive). Reformatting the drive doesn’t necessarily get rid of U3 but there is a utility on the U3 web site that will remove it. I’m not sure if that’s the cause of your problem but it might be worth checking out.

Kevin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2009 @ 02:41 PM
djcoold
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-04-2009

Re: Error Message when saving

Thanks for the tip. I purchased another flash drive that worked perfectly. The 2GB flash drive is made by EMTEC.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ editing seq internal and to cubase
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››