mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Program changes and sound switching"

Posted on: December 17, 2008 @ 10:28 AM
kanthos
Total Posts:  13
Joined  12-17-2008

In my setup, I want to use master mode since I’ll be using another keyboard as well as the M06. For a gig, I want to be organized so that I use one (or more) masters per song, stored in the order I’ll need them. Masters may reference a performance or voice if I need the M06 to have a uniform sound, or may reference a song, if I need both keyboards to trigger the M06’s tone generator. To avoid loading songs from a USB drive, I’d want to use mix templates to store the various sound setups I’d need (a 6-layer lead and a 4-layer pad, for example).

If I use the footswitch or Inc button to increment the current master, what happens if the newly-selected master is in song mode? Could it somehow refer to a specific mix template, or would it refer to the previously-selected mix template? Can I change the mix template within master mode?

Also, I’m guessing there’s no patch remain feature on the M06, so I’d want to be able to do smooth transitions from one set of sounds to another within a song. I know I can mute and unmute individual parts by hitting individual buttons one at a time; is there a way I can mute and unmute several parts at the same time, either using the footswitch or a single button press?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Zone/multitimbral question
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››