mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Test tone oscillator on the AW16"

Posted on: July 26, 2008 @ 09:36 AM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

I ran all the tests (every frequency) on each of the outputs individually. Everyone tested fine except the stereo output which was the one I questioned. It was about 3 db below “0”.
In the Channel Library I used the “reset to O db”. This fixed my loss of 3 db on the stereo track. Apparently the Dynamic section was on and caused my decrease in signal. This is probably one of the reasons I was able to go over zero without distortion.

Although I was about 2 db over “0” in my stereo track (from the previous post) with no apparent distortion, could this in fact be attributed to the Dynamics being on in the stereo track? In other words would the compressor prevent distortion (even to a small degree) even though the meter was showing a signal above “0”.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2008 @ 10:22 AM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Re: Test tone oscillator on the AW16

Any thoughts on this????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2008 @ 09:03 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry I was looking up something on this… but couldn’t find it - years go by and a lot of my stuff is in storage. But mixers and devices have different methods of dealing with signal sent on a stereo bus - it’s called Pan Law.

It has to do with signal being reduced 3dB when the signal is sent to a stereo bus… if I find the information I’ll post it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2008 @ 11:58 AM
PeterS
Joined  09-12-2002

Thanks Phil. In the meantime I will keep recording my stereo track over “0” until I run into a problrm. It is the only way I have found to get my recordings to sound equal in volume with the pro recordings.

I ‘m not sure if this helps, but I use the offset gain on the Multi Band Comp to give me that extra boost instead of just normal gain.

Pete

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Possible calibration of meter is off????
Next Topic:

Newbie need advice on how to sequence ››