mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Simple MIDI question, im goin crazy over here!"

Posted on: April 15, 2007 @ 05:02 PM
vanysh
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-15-2007

I use the RS7000 as my main sequencer and have it hooked up to my Motif Rack (classic). 

Now, when I record MIDI data on say, track 9 on my RS, it plays back fine and dandy.  Let’s say I recorded something using a string patch.

BUT, when I go to say track 10 and want to record another voice patch on the Motif, lets say a Sax, well, I go to the sax and it records it fine, but now the Data on Track 9 is playing the sax as well instead of the string. 

Up until now, I have been recording all my MIDI data as audio using the “resampling” function on the RS, but i know there is an easier way to do this.

How can I record MIDI data on different tracks, and utilize different patches on each track?  again, right now, I can only use one patch at a time.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2007 @ 07:36 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Simple MIDI question, im goin crazy over here

Simply make sure that the Motif Rack is in Multi mode… then you can have up to 16 different voices or drum kits assigned to the different MIDI channels and therefore responding to the different tracks of sequenced data sent from the RS7000.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 15, 2007 @ 11:24 PM
vanysh
Total Posts:  0
Joined  04-15-2007

Thanks a billion!  don’t know how I missed this little tid-bit!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2008 @ 02:13 PM
Bobzilla
Total Posts:  5
Joined  11-10-2008

Having similar problems with mine. If I use the MoRack in Multi-mode, can I control the sounds used on each channel using my sequencing software (currently using the Cakewalk demo) or do I have to assign my sounds using the MoRack itself?

Thanks

Andy

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2008 @ 07:32 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Hey, Bobzilla…

You can definately do that.  Depending on WHICH demo you have.

If your demo allows you to load INSTRUMENT DEFINITIONS, then you can import the MoRack’s instrument definition file.

You can download that from the KeyFax website here:  [url=http://files.keyfax.com/download/MotifRACKAll_100805.ins]http://files.keyfax.com/download/MotifRACKAll_100805.ins [/url]

That’s the Cakewalk Instrument Definition for the MOTIF RACK.  If that’s not what you need, go HERE: [url=http://www.motifator.com/mart/mainframe.htm]http://www.motifator.com/mart/mainframe.htm [/url] and select the correct one.

Then IMPORT that into Cakewalk and you’re golden.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2008 @ 04:28 AM
Bobzilla
Total Posts:  5
Joined  11-10-2008

I have the demo which allows importation of instruments, but was getting the exact same problem as dexcribed above (i.e. not getting multi-timbral sounds, and so getting all midi channels on the same sound). Therefore I presume that now by putting my MoRack into Multi Mode, I will get all 16 channels playing independant sounds. Yes? Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2008 @ 10:58 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

Sorry it took so long, but yes… In the default MULTI mode, each part is on a different channel, so all 16 channels (or more, if you have PLGs installed) are available as separate voices.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ best way to upload new voices MO7 classic
Next Topic:

Vintage Keys Voice Bank ››