mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "saving an edited voice"

Posted on: March 05, 2007 @ 08:00 AM
Rebekah
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-01-2007

Hello,

After you edit a voice, is there a way to save it so that you don’t save over the original voice?  I’ve been tweaking DreaminofU to sound exactly the way I want it, but I don’t want to save over the original voice since I hope to use it at a certain part in my song.  Thanks!

Rebekah

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2007 @ 08:06 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: saving an edited voice

Rebekah,

As described in the following excerpt from the Motif ES Owner’s Manual, you can specify which of the User voice bank slots the edited voice is saved in, thus preserving both the original and the tweaked voice. Generally speaking the voices in the USER2 are voices which are also present in the Motif ES’s PRESET voice banks, so saving in this voice bank will not overwrite voices that are not available to you elsewhere.

http://forums.keyfax.com/user-files/315092-Image1.jpg

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2007 @ 05:45 PM
Rebekah
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-01-2007

Thanks for the response!  I followed the instructions you gave and it worked.  I also followed all the warnings and saved it to my USB stick. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt= I have a new problem now, though.  After I restarted my Motif ES6, I loaded this voice, but as I never had the option to load it anywhere particular, I have no idea where it “loaded” to.  Is there an area where these user created voices go or something?  All I can seem to find is the original voice, never my tweaked version.  Any help here would be appreciated.  Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 05, 2007 @ 06:05 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Rebekah,

If you want to load a single voice, then you need to specify a data TYPE of VOICE (not ALL VOICE or ALL) in the [FILE]-->[F3] LOAD dialog. If you do that, then it will give you the choice of which voice to load and which USER voice slot to load it into. If you specify a data TYPE of ALL or ALL VOICE, then the voices will be loaded into the USER voice banks as they were when you saved the ALL or ALL VOICE file.

However, since the voices you are tweaking use the samples that are internal to the Motif ES’s sample waveform ROM, when you store them they are saved in non-volatile memory internal to the instrument. Therefore there is no need to reload them after power cycling the instrument. You can access them in the exact USER voice bank slots that you stored them into (as described in the manual snippet I included above).

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Adding Organ Voice Banks to Classic Motif 6
Next Topic:

aFTErtouch Problem ››