mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Crossfade between voices?"

Posted on: March 01, 2007 @ 01:28 PM
CB
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-01-2007

I’m fairly new to the S90ES and have already learned a fair bit browsing the forums here, but I haven’t found an answer to this question:

Is it possible to do a crossfade between voices with an expression pedal in a performance? Specifically, I have a performance with 4 voices. I’d like to keep voice 1 at constant volume while fading voices 2 & 3 out as voice 4 fades in. Right now I am using the expression pedal to bring in voice 4 and the volume sliders to fade out voices 2 and 3 but its not very elegant and I really need both hands on the keys.

Thanks for any help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2007 @ 04:53 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Crossfade between voices?

Check out this post from a few years ago for a discussion on cross-fading parts of a performance. You may also want to check out the S90 Working with and Understanding Physcial Controllers article from the S90 Behind the Manual page. While this article and the referenced thread were written for the S90 and Motif respectively, given the commonality of architectures with the S90 ES, they apply to that instrument as well.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 01, 2007 @ 09:37 PM
CB
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-01-2007

Re: Crossfade between voices?

Problem solved! The article addressed my issue directly and I’ve filed away the pdf for future reference. Many many thanks.

[ Ignore ]