mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MO and Motif ES compatibility"

Page 3 of 3
Posted on: July 21, 2007 @ 07:28 PM
zano
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-21-2007

Re: MO and Motif ES compatibility

So is there any way to get your song files from a Motif to a MO8?  (tried to load sandisk card to USB drive.  Did not work of course) Any type of file conversion program or anything that can save all that hard work?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2007 @ 07:40 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

See Phil Clendennin’s (aka Bad_Mister’s) Converting VOICE/MIDI/SAMPLE Data from MOTIF to MOTIF ES article from the Motif ES Behind the Manual page. This article applies equally to moving user dat from the Motif classic to a MO as it does for moving that data to a Motif ES with the exception that the MO cannot load any user samples, so ignore any references to transferring sample data.

After reading this article, if you have further questions, let us know.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2007 @ 05:32 AM
zano
Joined  07-21-2007

Thanks so much for the fast reply!

My problem now seems to be that i have virtually no access to a Motif 7 any longer.  I do not want to bite the bullet and go find a friends to convert all these files.  I will do that, but i am wondering if there is a program that can do this for you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2007 @ 11:35 AM
BradWeber
Joined  07-26-2002

So far as I know there is no program which will extract song or pattern data from an ALL, ALL SONG or ALL PATTERN file to a format compatible with the MO or Motif ES. I think you’re going to need to prevail on your friend in order to save your songs as Standard MIDI files in order to import them into your MO.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 27, 2007 @ 06:15 AM
Wastrel
Total Posts:  630
Joined  10-22-2004

How about this? I have B’s Knees which I purchased for my S90 which I believe is the same format as the Motif Classic. Can I use these voices on my MO6?

TIA

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 28, 2007 @ 08:04 AM
Joshy
Total Posts:  1823
Joined  08-05-2007

Brad, I’m thinking about getting Playkeyz’s Eighties Pop-Rock soundset and putting it on my MO6, but Mofit, the producer of that library, told me that the performances in that library won’t work on the MO.  Is this true?  Is there any way I can find out what user banks and slots the voices in that library are in, so I can get the performances to work?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2008 @ 08:08 AM
rjthakid
Joined  02-11-2008

So could I purchase Motif ES sounds in the Motif Mart and play them on my MO8 using this method?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 04, 2008 @ 12:41 PM
BradWeber
Joined  07-26-2002

So could I purchase Motif ES sounds in the Motif Mart and play them on my MO8 using this method?

Yes - provided that these voices are based entirely on waveforms contained in the Motif ES (and MO’s) internal sample waveform ROM. Any of the voice libraries that mention additional samples cannot be loaded into the MO as it does not have the ability to add sample RAM.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 3