mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Help using external controllers correctly"

Posted on: August 05, 2023 @ 09:34 AM
4score
Total Posts:  3
Joined  09-30-2006

I’m using a MOXF8 as my primary keyboard, and a Hammond SK1, which I use for organ sounds and clavs, etc.

I’d like to connect the two keyboards via MIDI but I’m doing something wrong, as I hear the same sounds no matter which keyboard I play.

There are a few configurations I need:

A) MOXF8 and Sk1 both play their internal sounds. This is easy, but advancing to the next song in my set list is still a manual process; I’d like to press one button and have both keyboards adjust automatically (if possible).

B) MOXF8 plays its internal sounds for Voice 1; Additional voice(s) are played on the Sk1 and trigger sound(s) from the MOXF8, without doubling Voice 1. The notes played on the Sk1 should also respond to the sustain pedal plugged into the MOXF8.

C) MOXF8 and SK1 both play (separate) patches, this time generated by the Sk1. Again, needs to respond to the sustain pedal.

With that in mind, I have some questions:

1) Is it possible to switch between A, B, and C as needed without unplugging MIDI cables or manually switching Transmit/Receive channels on each keyboard? Can I send SysEx data when calling up the appropriate voice/performance/song/master? Is that the right way to go about it? And if so, how do I set this up?

2) What modes do I use on the MOXF8 to do this? Voice mode for A and Song mode for B and C?

3) is there a good way to program, name, and order the patches/songs using a computer? Naming stuff takes forever with the wheel, and if we ever change the order of our setlist reprogramming is a nightmare.

4) what’s the right way to cycle through the patch changes correctly once everything’s programmed so that I may step through each song on the setlist seamlessly? Copy the voices/songs to a Master?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

[ Ignore ]