mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Beginner’s question about recording a simple loop"

Posted on: July 10, 2023 @ 04:31 PM
sandsetti
Total Posts:  1
Joined  07-10-2023

Hi forum,
I have been looking for a few days for the easiest way to record a single instrument “freely” and loop it on MOXF6.

I understood that if I record a pattern, I can loop it but I have to set the tempo first (but I would not want to specify it before playing...)

If I record with Direct performance it’OK but I can’t loop it.

Please, can anyone tell me if there is a way to loop a sequence of notes without setting a tempo first?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 12, 2023 @ 04:25 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  363
Joined  12-17-2013
sandsetti - 10 July 2023 04:31 PM

Hi forum,
I have been looking for a few days for the easiest way to record a single instrument “freely” and loop it on MOXF6.

I understood that if I record a pattern, I can loop it but I have to set the tempo first (but I would not want to specify it before playing...)

If I record with Direct performance it’OK but I can’t loop it.

Please, can anyone tell me if there is a way to loop a sequence of notes without setting a tempo first?

1) By definition a sequencer is associated with a timeline.

2) you can turn off the click and play as “freely as you wish”

3) you can leave on the click and still play rubato if you so choose by just ignoring the click

4) after you record the sequence in whatever tempo, you can go back and insert as many tempo changes as you want where every you want

5) The answer is no you can’t sequence without a tempo.  Even if you don’t set one, there will be a default assigned for you.

But if you really want to loop without having an associated tempo
just make a digital audio recording of you playing using any of the many available, affordable multitrack recorders :-)

MultiTrack Recorders

System like the Tascam DP 24 SD will let you loop anything with or without a tempo.  If you truly want to work in Rubato then a Sequencer is not your best option, a digital audio recorder is more flexible in that regard.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Step Recording Software Recommendation
Next Topic:

MOXF8 usb storage problem ››