mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "getting a note to echo a certain number of times at a certain speed"

Posted on: October 06, 2022 @ 08:51 AM
marmot15
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-06-2022

I am trying to play a note in a guitar voice so that it plays a certain number of times (and then fades out) at a certain fixed rhythm. If I were a guitar player with a pedal board, I believe I would be able to do this using delay and feedback? I can’t figure out how to do it on my MOX. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2022 @ 02:23 AM
hobbit
Total Posts:  65
Joined  06-18-2008

Hello marmot15

Use a TEMPO DELAY (Mono, Stereo or Cross) as Insert or System Effect and set the Delay Time and Feedback Level (as well as the Dry/Wet-Balance) to the desired values.

Best regards, hobbit

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2022 @ 07:37 AM
marmot15
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-06-2022

Thanks, hobbit! I am not an experienced MOX user, as you can see. I see the delay Type, and the Wet/Dry and the Preset, but what do you mean by, and how do you change the Feedback, I do not see that option. Thanks again for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2022 @ 11:28 PM
hobbit
Total Posts:  65
Joined  06-18-2008

Press [VOICE] > [EDIT] > [COMMON] and then select the EFFECT Tab [F6]. Select CONNECT [SF1] and set the effect routing (if your Tempo Delay is the only Chorus Effect you need you can use the System Effect CHORUS and don’t have to deal with the Insert Effects). Now select [CHORUS] (resp. [INSA] or [INSB] if you do use one of them for your Tempo Delay) and now you can set the Effect Type, Delay Time, Feedback Level and so on.

Best regards, hobbit

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 26, 2022 @ 11:26 AM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013
marmot15 - 06 October 2022 08:51 AM

I am trying to play a note in a guitar voice so that it plays a certain number of times (and then fades out) at a certain fixed rhythm. If I were a guitar player with a pedal board, I believe I would be able to do this using delay and feedback? I can’t figure out how to do it on my MOX. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks

This could also be done by creating a user defined arpeggio and then assigning that arpeggio to your guitar sound.

go into song or pattern mode.  Record yourself playing a single note the “certain number of times” with the “certain fixed rhythm” and fade out.  Take the sequence and convert it to an arp.

Assign that ARP to your guitar sound.  When you set up the ARP make sure the velocity mode is set to original, and the key mode is set to sort.  When you play the guitar the single guitar note it will play “a certain number of times” at a “certain fixed rhythm” and fade.  If you’re not getting the result you want play with the key mode, and the ARP FX knobs.
(In particular UNIT Multiply and TEMPO)

The Motif/Mox line of synthesizers are capable of producing just about any sound or sound effect one can imagine.  The real issue is how much time or effort is the musician willing to put in.

with passion, patience, commitment and intimacy Motif/Mox as musical instruments are truly limitless.

On the other hand, if you don’t have the time, energy, or are otherwise not inclined to be bothered with the deepness of these musical instruments, there are many and soon to be more

AI, automated, machine learned, push-button template VSTs and Softsynths that will do it all for you at the push of a button, or click of a mouse.  And they don’t cost as much as a Yamaha MOX.

[ Ignore ]