mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Offsetting a Zone by More Than 2 Octaves"

Posted on: June 01, 2022 @ 05:25 PM
KiwiPete
Total Posts:  2
Joined  07-03-2017

Hi,

I’m trying to use zones for the first time on my MOXF8. I have a song which needs a synth pad/sweep, an organ, and an EP.

I’ve initialised a performance, added the three voices I need as Parts 1-3, and set non overlapping ranges so the synth is in the bottom octave or so (I only need a few notes), the organ zone is in the middle, and the EP is in the top couple of octaves. I’ve offset the EP down 24 steps which puts it the range I need, and left the organ with no offset, but I really need to bring the synth up 3 octaves to get the sound where I want it.

The offset seems to max out at 24 steps though, so my workaround is to add another octave to the range of the bottom zone, but obviously this steals an octave from the bottom of the range of my organ which is not ideal.

Is there another way around this problem? If a voice spans the entire keyboard it seems reasonable to be able to map any part of it into any zone.

All thoughts appreciated.

Cheers,
Pete.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 12, 2022 @ 07:57 PM
Mighty Motif Max
Total Posts:  317
Joined  04-30-2016
KiwiPete - 01 June 2022 05:25 PM

Hi,

I’m trying to use zones for the first time on my MOXF8. I have a song which needs a synth pad/sweep, an organ, and an EP.

I’ve initialised a performance, added the three voices I need as Parts 1-3, and set non overlapping ranges so the synth is in the bottom octave or so (I only need a few notes), the organ zone is in the middle, and the EP is in the top couple of octaves. I’ve offset the EP down 24 steps which puts it the range I need, and left the organ with no offset, but I really need to bring the synth up 3 octaves to get the sound where I want it.

The offset seems to max out at 24 steps though, so my workaround is to add another octave to the range of the bottom zone, but obviously this steals an octave from the bottom of the range of my organ which is not ideal.

Is there another way around this problem? If a voice spans the entire keyboard it seems reasonable to be able to map any part of it into any zone.

All thoughts appreciated.

Cheers,
Pete.

Hey Pete,

I run into that issue every once in a while with my Motif XF8. My suggestion is that you make an edited (user) version of that synth voice with every element octave shifted to what you need, and save it. That’s what I have done typically.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Left Channel suddenly not working
Next Topic:

Looking for a .x6a file for Montage ››