mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to generate sound from the Rack XS"

Posted on: May 29, 2022 @ 02:49 AM
ronweb1
Total Posts:  30
Joined  12-31-2005

Hi there,

I recently bought a Rack XS. I have connected this to my Sipario controller and finally to my Tyros 2. As a daw I use Cubase Artist. All works fine, but I’m wondering if I always have to use Cubase to generate sounds from the Rack XS.
Is there some way I can play the sounds from the Rack via my Tyros without using Cubase?

Hope someone has an answer to my question,

with kind regards,
Ron Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 29, 2022 @ 12:20 PM
- Henry -
Total Posts:  164
Joined  10-30-2011

Hi Ron,

Yes, the basics are pretty straightforward. All you need is a DIN 5-pin MIDI cable. Hook one end to the MIDI A Out port of your Tyros, and the other end to the MIDI In port of the Rack XS.

You’ll have to direct MIDI traffic on both instruments to the 5-pin MIDI ports, instead of e.g. the USB ports. Although I’m not too familiar with the Tyros 2, I’m quite sure there are menu options on both instruments to do this.

There are also a few other menu parameters that may need to be changed, in order to make things work the way you want them to. It pays off to have a good grip on MIDI in general, but be prepared to study the manuals carefully.

- H -

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 30, 2022 @ 05:24 AM
ronweb1
Total Posts:  30
Joined  12-31-2005
- Henry - - 29 May 2022 12:20 PM

Hi Ron,

Yes, the basics are pretty straightforward. All you need is a DIN 5-pin MIDI cable. Hook one end to the MIDI A Out port of your Tyros, and the other end to the MIDI In port of the Rack XS.

You’ll have to direct MIDI traffic on both instruments to the 5-pin MIDI ports, instead of e.g. the USB ports. Although I’m not too familiar with the Tyros 2, I’m quite sure there are menu options on both instruments to do this.

There are also a few other menu parameters that may need to be changed, in order to make things work the way you want them to. It pays off to have a good grip on MIDI in general, but be prepared to study the manuals carefully.

- H -

Hi Henry,

thank you very much for helping me out with this. I have done as told and all works as it should.

Very glad with your help,

with kind regards,
Ron

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How to Turn OFF or MUTE parts in Layered 1-4 mode?
Next Topic:

Load USER 2 patches at start ››