mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can’t record midi in Mixing mode"

Posted on: August 07, 2021 @ 07:44 PM
imaband
Total Posts:  73
Joined  07-22-2003

Hi,

I’m using a MOTIF XS7 with Sonar X3 Studio. My MIDI mode is USB and a MIDI track plays just fine in Pattern mode but refuses to record. Strangely, it *does* allow me to record midi in Performance mode. Normally I can simply select a track in Sonar, arm it, select pattern->mixing on the synth, and press R. I must have inadvertently changed some setting on either the DAW or the synth. MIDI Synch is set to MIDI currently on the synth but I’ve tried internal as well. One other observation of note is that the track meter is active when I record in PERF mode but inactive (no bars) when I record in Pattern mode. Any direction or clue is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 11, 2021 @ 10:15 PM
imaband
Joined  07-22-2003

On the off chance that anyone else has this problem, the Track tab of the Pattern I was on had Int checked but not Ext. Check Ext for any track you want to record midi from and you’ll be good to go. Cheers!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2023 @ 02:38 PM
imaband
Joined  07-22-2003

As an additional reminder (mostly for myself), make sure that the XS is still set as your MIDI input device and use All Inputs -> MIDI Omni as your input.

[ Ignore ]