mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Lead Synth Voice for Isley Brothers “For the Love of You”"

Posted on: May 11, 2021 @ 03:35 AM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I’ve found two Voices on my MOXF that approximate the synth on the iconic “For the Love of You” by Isley Brothers. One is called “Broken Sine”, the other is “In da Night”. The former seems closer to the Isley recording, but “In da Night” has a little more character. (I am splitting the keyboard btw in Song mode, so I can play the electric keyboard on the left side and the lead synth voice would be in the upper octave and a half.)

I rarely use synth leads or synth pads but I imagine there are other vintage synth Voices in the MOX library that are actually closer to the Isley synth but I may not appreciate it because some tweaking is needed. 

Anybody have any ideas? Or perhaps a few suggestions for going into the two Voices I mentioned and maybe tweak some of the Element parameters.

Since I now have an MOXF with the Flash Expansion card I suppose this Song might be a good excuse to try out a sample or other waveform that will get me closer. 

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]