mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can I adjust the Snare Drum Velocity “character”?"

Posted on: May 27, 2020 @ 02:21 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I’m trying to work more with snare drums (and bass drums) which I keep on separate Parts so I can select from Acoustic Snares or other kits and explore beyond the Preset Kits.

The snare drum Voices all seem to have at least one or two “thresholds” that change the character of the Voice to mimic how real snare might respond when hit harder.

I’m finding, though, that I’m sometimes wanting more Volume on a snare Note but it makes it’s tonal “jump” at Velocity-100 and I want to save that “intensity” for later in the Song.

What are my options?  Can I go into the Drum Voice and change the Velocity point where the Voice will make that jump?  Or do I have to keep the Note at Velocity-99 and bring the Volume Level for the snare track up? 

I’m also often wanting to randomly vary the Velocity a few points up or down from Note to Note in a long passage to “humanize” things. I’m thinking that the JOB (Change Velocity) is there to facilitate that but I’m not really understanding how the % and ratio parameters work. (I wish there was some way to human/random-ize beat points, too, without having to scroll down through every Note and manually move the number a few points up or down.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 27, 2020 @ 05:00 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’ve posted in the Steinberg forum, but your questions appear to be mostly about Parameters within a synth, not software (Cubase). Since the answers can be dependent on model, it might be helpful to mention which one.

[ Ignore ]