mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX A/D converters compared to Motif"

Posted on: September 11, 2015 @ 06:22 AM
psmail007
Total Posts:  6
Joined  09-11-2015

I ask this question in regard to evaluating what benefits moving to a Motif might bring with it.

I understand that the MOX are highly aligned when it comes to functionality. But out of curiosity, is there a difference in the A/D converters used? Specifically, are the MOX A/D converters of lesser quality?

I expect the MOX would indeed use lesser converters. And I like my MOX for what it is. But I am curious nonetheless.

Many thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2015 @ 07:15 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

There’s a difference, but the question is whether it’s significant enough for your purposes.

If you haven’t already seen this, you might find it interesting, although it doesn’t specifically address the MOX:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470507/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2015 @ 07:35 AM
psmail007
Total Posts:  6
Joined  09-11-2015

Thanks again.

That’s a long thread that one :)

You know ... the only reason I even asked the question was that I snaffled a CP4 and I played some sound that ... mate ... they smacked me in the face. In the good way.

I really like my MOX for what it is, but I don’t recall getting the same smack in the face feeling.

Like you said - maybe that matters and maybe it doesn’t. As an extension, I am assessing that question in the context of a live, large-ish band environment. Would better A/D converters cut through better, is the question I am asking myself.

Anyway ... back to that thread ... :)

Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 11, 2015 @ 08:07 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I doubt A/D converter differences matter much with regard to being “smacked in the face”.

The CP4 uses Spectral Component Modeling, and that’s likely what’s doing the smacking.  :-)

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/473246/

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MOX SysEx message to transpose / octave down
Next Topic:

MOX mono modes ››