mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Muzikmesse 2014 . Will we see the next Gen. Motif or a New Synth from YAMAHA ?"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: March 06, 2014 @ 01:19 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002

Hi,

Muzikmesse 2014 starts in less than a week, March 12 - 15.

YAMAHA will launch a special Muzikmesse related website for this event.

So… The big question remains :

Will we see YAMAHA release the next generation Motif Workstation ? and/or a New, and Exciting Synth at Muzikmesse ?

Fingers-Crossed ... Hopefully we will.  (But no guarantees) ;-)

What do you think ?

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 07, 2014 @ 09:08 AM
djuice
Total Posts:  125
Joined  04-06-2011

Korg soon come out with Kronos 2. Yamaha is lagging too. :P

Yamaha’s MESSE 2014 site

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2014 @ 12:09 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
djuice - 07 March 2014 09:08 AM

Korg soon come out with Kronos 2. Yamaha is lagging too. :P

Yamaha’s MESSE 2014 site

There is no mention of a “Kronos 2” on that page. Where do you get this
information?

Korg released the Kronos 2.11 Operating System update in January, but that
is not the same as a new Kronos.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 08, 2014 @ 06:17 PM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002

There is no mention of Kronos 2 at the Korg webiste. 

But..  I noticed a new updated design of the Korg-US website ;-)

Korg.com (US)

YAMAHA needs a better Synth website !

And some new products to go along. (Next Generation Motif, and/or New Synth).

Hopefully their dedicated Muzikmesse website will have something new, and exciting. (Besides a new website) ;-)

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2014 @ 04:21 AM
musicsound
Total Posts:  11
Joined  04-08-2003

it is too silent.
I am afraid that - again - there are no good news tomorrow.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2014 @ 05:24 AM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002
musicsound - 11 March 2014 04:21 AM

it is too silent.
I am afraid that - again - there are no good news tomorrow.

Hi,

It’s usually silent before the storm ;-)

We shall know soon.

It either rains excitement, with a double rainbow of joy at the end !!!  or it just blows some hot air at our faces, and lots of dust we need to wipe away ;-)

March 12th is hours away.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2014 @ 11:27 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

We have the official answer now:

No.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2014 @ 12:32 AM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002

Major Downer ;-(

No excitement, nothing worth discussing, Mo this Mo that… Truly fed up of YAMAHA.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2014 @ 01:18 AM
scherzo
Total Posts:  67
Joined  04-08-2009

Nothing new…

It seems that the MOXF is currently the great machine from Yamaha!

Sadness…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2014 @ 03:42 AM
Jote
Joined  07-29-2002

Well, at least we have white studio monitors :> It’s funny how niche markets are slower to adapt technologies and trends: even the “we can do white!” that Apple started is late a couple of years ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2014 @ 04:08 AM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002
Jote - 12 March 2014 03:42 AM

Well, at least we have white studio monitors :> It’s funny how niche markets are slower to adapt technologies and trends: even the “we can do white!” that Apple started is late a couple of years ;)

and I was hoping for a White Motif XF to go along with the new trendy white monitors . But, not even that ;-) I could look into painting my XF7 white hehe. (That might be a fun project) !

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2014 @ 04:18 AM
scherzo
Total Posts:  67
Joined  04-08-2009

Paint your Motif white and it will sound much better ;)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2014 @ 05:50 AM
Way_ne
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  01-26-2003
muziksculp - 12 March 2014 12:32 AM

Major Downer ;-(

No excitement, nothing worth discussing,

When has that ever stopped you?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2014 @ 01:27 PM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002
Way_ne - 12 March 2014 05:50 AM
muziksculp - 12 March 2014 12:32 AM

Major Downer ;-(

No excitement, nothing worth discussing,

When has that ever stopped you?

Nothing is stopping me.  Your question is out of context of this topic.

We are discussing a major trade show, Muzikmesse and YAMAHA’s NEW Products, that’s what trade shows focus on. 

I have enough Hardware Synths to keep me busy for a very long time. and I still love using my Motif XF7, that’s not the what this topic is all about. It is about NEW technologies, and NEW products especially from a major, and innovative company called YAMAHA. Which sadly has not done anything new, and exciting for over a decade. I love technology, and synthesizers, and have always viewed YAMAHA as a leader in this field. But.. they seem to have moved away from that direction, which I find quite sad.

YAMAHA is one of the least exciting companies when it comes to new Synths, and Workstations at this time. Just read the comments on any of the other music/tech. forums on the web.

I say this based on facts, and what has been happening for over a decade now. So it is all based on facts, not fiction. YAMAHA is heading in the wrong direction. I doubt I will buy anything from them for quite some time to come. Not because I decided not to, but because they have nothing to offer that I feel tempted to buy.  It’s their business that will lose me as a customer, I lost nothing. I have lots of great musical tools to make music.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 12, 2014 @ 05:03 PM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002
psychobabble - 12 March 2014 04:14 PM
muziksculp - 12 March 2014 01:27 PM

I say this based on facts, and what has been happening for over a decade now. So it is all based on facts, not fiction.

Oh yeah?

which facts?

Last decade, GO...come on.

Whenever I hear anyone going on about this kind of thing I usually end up finding out that they just aren’t a very good keyboard player at all.

I’m not brilliant but I know the more work I put into my playing the less I hunt around for the ultimate in sounds.

Surely you’ve heard it “I want sounds that make me sound good” is a usual and well trotted out statement and I have recognized it to mean “I’m not a very good keyboard player”

You can’t go around all your life searching for the right sound for Jump by Van Halen just because you learned the first few measures from some 11 year old on you tube.

That’s a totally different discussion though!

All software and hardware synths have plateaued because there’s only a finite amount of sounds that can be made by any means.

Forget about a white motif, surely you’re after a *gas* based motif, to go with the hot air.

Great to know that you are a good keyboard player ;-)

I won’t comment any further.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 13, 2014 @ 03:58 AM
Jote
Joined  07-29-2002
psychobabble - 12 March 2014 04:14 PM
muziksculp - 12 March 2014 01:27 PM

I say this based on facts, and what has been happening for over a decade now. So it is all based on facts, not fiction.

Oh yeah?

which facts?

Last decade, GO...come on.

Whenever I hear anyone going on about this kind of thing I usually end up finding out that they just aren’t a very good keyboard player at all.

I’m not brilliant but I know the more work I put into my playing the less I hunt around for the ultimate in sounds.

Surely you’ve heard it “I want sounds that make me sound good” is a usual and well trotted out statement and I have recognized it to mean “I’m not a very good keyboard player”

You can’t go around all your life searching for the right sound for Jump by Van Halen just because you learned the first few measures from some 11 year old on you tube.

That’s a totally different discussion though!

All software and hardware synths have plateaued because there’s only a finite amount of sounds that can be made by any means.

Forget about a white motif, surely you’re after a *gas* based motif, to go with the hot air.

Whoa, way to over-interpret (hope that’s a word) what muziksculp said. We are all very well familiar with the “you should make the best of the tools you have and yada yada yada” patronizing speeches.

Is it so hard to comprehend that some people are also (apart from being musicians) interested in synth development, following the market and are/were Yamaha fans? I’ve been a supporter of Yamaha for 20+ years now and, like muziksculp, it also hurts me to witness the path that Yamaha has taken. Nothing more.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2