mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need to Update XF"

Posted on: February 10, 2014 @ 05:50 PM
bashinsk
Total Posts:  17
Joined  03-29-2007

Hi all!

My XF has been in storage for almost three years, and I just got it un-boxed and set up.  Happy!!

Now, I’m trying to figure out what applications, drivers, etc. need to be updated and it is VERY confusing.  My MOTIFATOR update list is a mile long!!

Do I just download and install everything in the list, or do I need to apply some “logic” to the process?

Thanx!

hb

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2014 @ 06:15 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

In my opinion, start with the firmware update. Latest is 1.50. Everything from there would be based on your needs and desires.

If you are updating from version 1.30 or earlier, then everything will be over-written with this update. You can check your version by pressing Utility to go to the utility mode, then press and hold utility, cursor up and F1 to see your current version.

Installation instructions are included with the download.

Happy sailing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 10, 2014 @ 08:13 PM
VikasSharma
Total Posts:  1523
Joined  10-05-2010
bashinsk - 10 February 2014 05:50 PM

My XF has been in storage for almost three years, and I just got it un-boxed and set up.

The height of patience!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2014 @ 03:04 AM
I_Too_Say_So_Long
Total Posts:  728
Joined  09-20-2011

some “logic” to the process?

Good Luck Vikas…
I remember back I had three components to uninstall then reinstall to get an early version of Cubase to communicate with my XF.
There most certainly was a step by step sequence of events to perform
... toward my defined goal.
If I can remember back, the issue was the motif extension at that time… I would need to look up any more details, but you had called it correctly repairing it perfectly.
I uninstalled then reinstalled these three components in a different order.

My point with the paragraph above is, if it were me,
whatever I would do would be logged in order of having been done,
so as to refer back to if needed.
... and this is after a thoroughly defined end goal is decided upon.

btw, don’t know what happened,
good to read some posts by you, VSharma

Best wishes,
Vincent

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 11, 2014 @ 07:22 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Updates for your Motif XF (firmware) include all previous updates. In this case it is only the operating system where changes have occurred. Had the engineers made changes to other areas of the XF, you might need to do something different. But by updating directly to version 1.50.x you will be completely up to date.

You will want to get the following SUPPLEMENTARY MANUAL which explains in detail all the added features… which will bring you fully up to date.

Supplementary Manual v1.10 through v1.50

The official download site: http://download.yamaha.com

Read the downloaded instructional materials prior to executing the update.
Only attempt the update after reading through the directions completely…
You will be told to make a backup of your current data, and how to make it.
You can use the same USB drive that you store your backup… It does not have to be the only file on the drive, the drive simply needs to work with the Motif XF.

Welcome back.

[ Ignore ]