mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Removing or deleting user files/banks"

Posted on: August 26, 2013 @ 11:26 AM
capodo
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08-26-2013

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in the forum - and it’s a boring one at that.  *LOL* It’s also one that’s probably been asked tons of times.  I tried for a few hours to go through the forum to look for an answer before I posted.

My friend John is a musician who purchased a floor model/demo of the Motif XS8.  It came with recorded and saved user banks/files (example, in the Voices Piano there are 15 such files alone!).  John is NOT tech savvy and he recruited me (not that I’m a tech genius) to help out.

We tried doing a factory reset of the XS8 which he was told would erase all files and return the device to it’s original condition.  Despite trying several options, it didn’t work.  These saved sample user files remain.

I’m sorry I’m not more clear.  I’m not sitting in front of the instrument at the moment.  And I’m still learning the Motif terminology.  If this post makes sense to anyone, can you please offer up any help?

Thanks much!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2013 @ 12:03 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

It’s not clear what you mean by “These saved sample user files remain”. After a factory reset, the User Voice Banks are not empty - they are filled with copies of Voices from the Preset Banks. The Performance Banks are also filled, as are the Masters.  There are demo Sequences (Patterns and Songs) as well. If that’s what you’re getting, it’s normal. Those User positions can be edited, initialized , etc., as you desire.

On the other hand, if you really want to wipe it all out, see my post:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/461619/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2013 @ 12:06 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’m still learning the Motif terminology.

Yes, you are. The question does not make any sense due to poor use of Motif XS terminology.

A File is the result of SAVING data to a USB stick. Similar to if you were using a Word Processing program and you wrote a letter you would SAVE the data to a file.

It came with recorded and saved user banks/files (example, in the Voices Piano there are 15 such files alone!).

This sentence is indecipherable… Sorry.

A VOICE is a playable instrument sound in the XS. “Full Concert Grand” is an example of a Voice.
A BANK is a grouping of XS programs… For example, written above the top two rows of buttons on the right front panel are the Banks: if you are in VOICE mode these are, PRESET 1, PRESET 2, PRESET 3, etc. each Preset Voice bank 1-8 contains 128 Voices. These are followed by three USER Banks of 128 Voices… There is a GM normal bank of 128; a PRESET Drum Bank of 64, a USER Drum Bank of 32, a GM Drum Bank with 1 kit.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2013 @ 12:44 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Here is the User Voice list, as provided by Motifator member hobbit.

If those aren’t what you find in the User Voice Banks after a factory reset, let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ ARP question
Next Topic:

HOW TO FIX "can’t access to host" with Windows 7 share ››