mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "sustain issue"

Posted on: May 22, 2013 @ 07:18 AM
chakakana
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-22-2013

hello!  new here.. just got my S90xs a month ago.

having an issue with the sustain on the piano patches.
when i release the sustain pedal (and obviously take my hands off the keys) the sound doesn’t stop - it keeps trailing off from what i last played.

i have a song that needs the sustain to abruptly end and this just isn’t happening.
my S08 never had this problem.

suggestions?  thoughts?
thanks!
~holly

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2013 @ 01:45 PM
S70xs_user
Total Posts:  60
Joined  09-02-2012

Type ‘sustain’ in search, go to thread started by min3008 in March 16th. There is full reply from Badmistet.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 22, 2013 @ 08:45 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/465728/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2013 @ 01:02 PM
chakakana
Total Posts:  2
Joined  05-22-2013

thanks for the response… i did see that post and unfortunately, that’s not the problem. 
i do have a yamaha pedal (not sure if it’s the FC3 but this one had worked with my S08)

i’m a complete newbie when it comes to editing and saving patches so haven’t tried any of that… but do you think i inadvertently added reverb on the piano patch i’m using?

i loved my S08 but the keys started sticking so i got this S90xs. just not as happy w/the piano patches (yet) :)

thanks!  ~holly

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2013 @ 02:52 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Reverb is very different from Sustain. It is not clear from your description in this thread which you are dealing with, although they should be easy to tell apart.

The FC3 did not work on a Yamaha S08, so it is pretty clear that is not the pedal you have. Perhaps you have your keyboard set improperly for the pedal you actually own.

If the pedal worked on the S08 we are going to guess you have an FC4 Yamaha Sustain pedal… in which case you want to set your S90 XS so that it is set to work with an FC4.

Press [UTILITY]
Select “GENERAL”
Cursor down to the “FS SUSTAIN PEDAL” parameter
Select “FC4/5”
Press [STORE]

This will ready your S90 XS for use with the FC4 Sustain pedal.

Yes, page 134 of the REFERENCE MANUAL

[ Ignore ]