mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Balanced Hammer or Graded Hammer?"

Posted on: April 27, 2013 @ 09:15 AM
angelkeys
Total Posts:  77
Joined  03-27-2011

I have a ? about these actions.I have arthritis in my left wrist and it can get alot of pain after playing my P-95.I am interested in the S90xs and the CP33,I have tried both keyboards out at the guitar center and the S90xs seems a little eaiser on the wrist.I was wondering if others who have played both actions feel about the S90 being a little bit softer on the touch.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 29, 2013 @ 06:35 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You, of course, will have to play them for yourself, but each of the models you mention have ways to adjust the Touch Sensitivity, which can greatly influence how the action “plays”.

The P95 (discontinued) has been replaced by the P105, but each work the same as to adjusting the Touch Sensitivity.

Hold [DEMO/SONG] + [METRONOME] with your left hand, touch A#6 (the highest A#) to select the SOFT touch setting. This will dramatically change the feel allowing you to get louder with less effort.

On synthesizers like the S90 XS/S70 XS you can program an overall VELOCITY CURVE… You’d select “Soft”, additionally it is possible with the S90 XS/S70 XS Editor you can customize each and every Voice to your own personal response curves.

On the CP33, TOUCH is selectable on the front panel, select “SOFT”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 30, 2013 @ 06:51 AM
angelkeys
Total Posts:  77
Joined  03-27-2011

Thank’s Bad Mister for the reply.I all ready have the P-95 on the soft touch setting, which by the way i read a post of yours which had explained touch sensitivity some time back.It is a very handy feature to know about.I also have a XF6 which i midi trew the P-95 that gives me the freedom of 88 keys.

[ Ignore ]