mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I have decided to upgrade to S90SX from MOX8, what will I losing as far as DAW control(s) goes?"

Posted on: April 18, 2013 @ 11:22 AM
Pcode
Total Posts:  399
Joined  12-24-2003

---sold my Yamaha mox8-----

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2013 @ 12:56 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The S90 XS does have the REMOTE mode which lets you control DAW software and software synths on your computer - you have transport controls and the Data Dial can be used to control SONG Position… it is not however an AI KNOB as it is in the MOX8 - but the JOG function is certainly available. As many as 50 Control Templates can be stored in internal memory of the S90 XS/S70 XS.

The S90 XS/S70 XS has 192MB of on-board memory which can be used for data… 192MB translates to about 18 minutes of stereo audio @44.1kHz or about every song you ever played as a MIDI file*… or a combination of audio files and MIDI files.

*if your typical MIDI file is about 50KB, you can store approximately 3,840 MIDI files in that 192MB.
Even if you are long winded, and your average MIDI file is 100KB that is still 1,920 Songs… Yikes!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 18, 2013 @ 03:13 PM
Pcode
Joined  12-24-2003

Thanks Bad, yeah can’t wait till my unit arrives, I use Jog function a lot, so that’s cool.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 19, 2013 @ 05:55 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Just wondering why you went the s90xs over s70xs when the s70xs is lighter, shorter and therefore more portable? I can only see the point of having a full lenghth keyboard if you are a serious jazz or classical player....but hey...that’s just me :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2013 @ 05:43 PM
Pcode
Joined  12-24-2003
min3008 - 19 April 2013 05:55 PM

Just wondering why you went the s90xs over s70xs when the s70xs is lighter, shorter and therefore more portable? I can only see the point of having a full lenghth keyboard if you are a serious jazz or classical player....but hey...that’s just me :-)

This is a studio keyboard, it does not move, need 88 keys for the key-switching / articulation switching. 
hey check out my wana be jazz music, it’s not real Jazz :)
http://youtu.be/tGEC3FXAhKQ

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 23, 2013 @ 05:48 PM
Pcode
Joined  12-24-2003

------

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 01, 2013 @ 09:36 AM
Johnnyack
Total Posts:  27
Joined  09-28-2012

You will absolutly love the S90XS.  I purchased the 88 key as well.  Reason being is I play live in a band and this board splits in four sections if you need it too allowing me to utilize 4 seperate patchs. ( ie: horns, piano, strings and guitar all of which can be sectered off at your choosing.  It is wonderfull.  The sounds can’t be matched by Roland’s flagship either.  The editing featers of the Yamaha are incredible, fast, and very easy to access and change or tweek as well.  Honestly the only downfall is the weight.  Very heavy to be toting around from gig to practice to home etc., but it is a very minute trade off for what you get with this unit.  I’ve owned Yamaha products for the past 30+ years and have never been let down.  all the posts you read about people being let down by the piano sounds is unfounded as well.  you can pick a piano sound you like, then you can alter it in any way you want from there. 
Couldn’t say enough about the S90XS.  Hope you love it !
Ps. Bad Mister is the absolute tech-head on this unit as well.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 03, 2013 @ 03:04 AM
angelkeys
Total Posts:  77
Joined  03-27-2011

Pcode,I like the way you drove that song with the piano, and the horns were nice and smooth.Good Job.Let us know how you like the S90xs when you get it,and let me know if that small screen gets in your way.That small screen is the only thing keeping me from buying one.

[ Ignore ]