mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can’t do bank change on s70xs using Logic."

Posted on: April 06, 2013 @ 10:08 PM
min3008
Total Posts:  129
Joined  12-08-2012

Hi folks, can you help?

I have set up my s70xs with Logic Pro 9. So far I can make program changes on individual channels using Logic as the controller, but I can’t change banks using Logic as the controller. Firstly, I don’t know which bank setting I should select in Logic. There is options for control 0, control 32 and a few others too.

I am in multi-edit mode on my s70xs and have entered voice page where I can see the transmit channel, bank and program data. As I make a program change in Logic it corresponds correctly with the number on my s70xs. When I attempt to do a bank change using Logic the bank on my s70xs will not change.

I can change banks using the keyboard but I’d prefer to be able to control this in Logic as I can then double click on a bank of sounds in Logic and select from a page that shows all 128 sounds in a bank.

I have bank select turned to on in utility mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 07, 2013 @ 02:12 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Your question is really about Logic and how to input Bank Select and Program Changes into that program. We can help some but you’ll need to look up the best way to use Logic.

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/bank_select_and_program_change

Some DAW programs want you to input both the MSB (cc000) and the LSB (cc032); followed by the Program Change

Others use a single BANK number… This requires you multiply the MSB bank Number times 128, then add the LSB to get a single number. Check your Logic Documentation.

The Bank Numbers for the S90 XS are similar to those shown in the chart for the Motif XS in the article.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ S90xs Feet?
Next Topic:

willing to trade xs8 for another s90xs... northeast ››