mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "hot or quick access buttons for s90x go to sounds"

Posted on: March 18, 2013 @ 06:46 AM
markadeleon
Total Posts:  62
Joined  09-14-2012

Here is simple.

I am playing in church.  Would like to know the quickest way to on the fly do the following.

a.  I have a layered sound Piano and pad.  I use the faders to bring pad in and out or back out piano. 

Next song
b.  Need to switch to Piano Bass split.  Bass player a no show.

c.  soft music, need to switch to voice elctric keys or another layer sound.

d.  gospel song, want to hit an organ sound.

so basically in any given set I want to run

a. Voice s2 grand
b. Layer grand/pad
c. split piano bass
d. keys
e. b3 style organ.

Are there hot buttons for this or what is quickest way to setup sounds to access them.  On board?, Mac or ipad (using set list).  Can i do tis though set list organizer app?

Thanks.
Mark

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 18, 2013 @ 08:25 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Are there hot buttons for this or what is quickest way to setup sounds to access them.  On board?, Mac or ipad (using set list).  Can i do tis though set list organizer app?

while I’m sure you might be able to set this up with an app organizer, you would still need to learn to do it on the keyboard first… And since you don’t need anything additional to set this up lets do it with the keyboard.

If these are your requirements my recommendations would be to set up the five different configurations so that you can access them using front panel buttons [1], [2], [3], [4], and [5]

Rather than jumping all over the place, moving back and forth between modes, you could set all of these sounds into one MULTI program. Alternatively you could use the MASTER mode to organize your five setups. Master mode does let you move between Voice mode and Performance mode in the same bank.

The advantage of the all in one program (MULTI) method is you will be able to move seamlessly between them as you switch… No cut off in the sound. If you use the second method (Master mode) there is a brief interruption in sound as you move from setup to setup.

Depending on your needs you could opt for either.

Single MULTI Method
Create a MULTI with the following Voices in PARTs 1-7 of an initialized Multi
Part 1 - Piano _ ch 1 alone
Part 2 - Pad _ ch 2 layer
Part 3 - Piano _ ch 2 layer
Part 4 - Bass _ ch 3 split
Part 5 - Piano _ ch 3 split
Part 6 - Keys _ ch 4 alone
Part 7 - B3 Organ _ ch 5 alone

The number after is the MIDI RECEIVE Channel. By setting the MIDI channels as such, you will access your piano alone when press the PART [1] button from the main MULTI screen.
Press [2] to hear PAD/PIANO layered
Press [3] to hear piano split with bass, setup your Note Limits to create your split
Press [4] to hear your Keys
Press [5] to play the B3

Each of the seven Parts can recall there dual Insertion Effects so you will be able to play them sounding as you’d expect. All controller assignment are automatically available, so the MW will be whatever it was programmed to be in the Voice mode, so the B3’s Rotary Speaker will be on the MW when you select [5],
And if it was programmed to a Wah-Wah on your Keys Part that is what it will be when you press [4].

Now you did mention you like to use the faders to control the levels of the layers, while the CS will control both sounds in a channel-layered situation, you can set the RECEIVE SWITCH parameter so that one of the two sounds in the piano/pad layer is under control of the CS, while the other ignores the change.

The above is not hard to setup. And since when you switch setups by pressing a button [1]-[5] you are actually changing MIDI transmit Channel, there is no interruption in sound. You are not recalling a new program you are simply accessing a portion of this same Multi program.

Try it see if it works for you. Experiment, you may find that ths opens new possibilities… If you get stuck, or are unclear on how to set the MIDI RECEIVE Channels, post back here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2013 @ 04:36 PM
markadeleon
Joined  09-14-2012

creating performances seems to have done the trick.  i can now put them in a set list or perfromance editor app.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 08, 2013 @ 04:38 PM
markadeleon
Joined  09-14-2012

btw the midi channel trick is neat.

[ Ignore ]